Aspen Interski 50th Reunion
On Friday, April 6, join your colleagues for a day on snow and an evening reception at the Limelight Hotel in Aspen, Colorado, to celebrate the 50th
anniversary of Interski 1968, the only Interski to have been held in the United States. Honored guests will include members of the PSIA Team that served as the American delegation to that noteworthy Interski.
On snow during the day, you’ll ski with PSIA-AASI team and team alumni members. Then, during the reception, meet
and mingle with members of the PSIA Team that served as the American delegation
to that noteworthy Interski and enjoy appetizers and a cash bar.
On Saturday, April 7, groups are staying to watch the World Synchro Championships and it would be great if you can join too. If you’re interested, lift tickets will be provided.
Register now and save the following details!
- Friday, April 6
- 8 - 9:30 a.m. - Pick up your lift tickets in the Limelight Hotel lobby. 355 S Monarch St, Aspen, CO 81611. If your guests do not ski, please note that they can still receive a lift ticket to ride the gondola and join for the informal lunch.
- 10 a.m. - On snow social ski. Meet at the Sundeck (top of the gondola in Aspen) to ski with friends, PSIA-AASI team members, and team alumni members. There will be informal groups and some groups will be led. Your pick!
- Noon: Informal lunch at the Sundeck. Lunch is not included in the event registration fee, however, everyone is welcome to meet and join for lunch and take a group photo.
- 5:30 - 6 p.m. - Reception registration. Limelight Hotel, 355 S Monarch St, Aspen, CO 81611.
- 6 - 9 p.m. - Reception. Heavy appetizers and cash bar.
- 6 - 7 p.m. - Networking
- 7 p.m. - Presentation begins
- Saturday, April 7
On snow: View World Synchro Championships and the bump and ski event.
Tickets are $35. PSIA-AASI members and non-members welcome, and up to two lift tickets will be included, one for Friday and/or one for Saturday. All of the event proceeds will be used to support the Interski arm of the PSIA-AASI Education Foundation.
Limelight Hotel Deal
- Discounted room rate of $295 per night, based on hotel availability
- A three (3) night minimum length of stay will be required
- 3 day pre/post rates will be extended based on availability
- Rates are quoted per night
- Resort fee and tax: a 6 percent resort fee and 11.3 percent lodging tax will be added to the quoted guestroom rate
- To reserve: Call the Limelight Hotel (855.565.0985) and let them know you are with the "PSIA-AASI WInter Event"
- Cancellation Policy: For guest accommodations, a 50 percent deposit will be taken at time of reservation. The remainder of the deposit will be charged fourteen (14) days prior to arrival. Any amendments or cancellations made within fourteen (14) days prior to arrival will forfeit 100 percent of the reservation; amendments/cancellations made outside of the fourteen (14) days will be refunded.
Nearly five decades ago -- April 18-28, 1968 -- an alpine ski delegation from PSIA represented you and the U.S. at the world’s largest gathering of ski instructors: Interski 1968 in Aspen, Colorado. This marked the eighth International Ski Instructors Congress, and the 24 men and women of the PSIA Team presented the best of what a distinctly American approach to teaching had to offer -- while gaining perspective on other instruction methods from across the globe.