Small Snowsports School Scholarships
This scholarship will provide small snowsports schools across the country, who are PSIA-AASI Member Schools, with access to educational events and education leaders, such as PSIA-AASI National Team members, who provide experiences that may be career-changing. Small schools are training the future leaders of our industry to make the commitment to educate the public about skiing and snowboarding. Scholarship recipients can receive up to $2,000 for an education plan (prep clinics, education resources, exams) and up to $250 for travel expense for PSIA-AASI clinicians that visit the PSIA-AASI Member School.
How to Apply
- Review scholarship background.
- Review the application criteria that must be met.
- Review the materials you need to create and submit for each scholarship.
- Submit your application and materials by, or before, Friday, Dec. 20, 2019.
- Apply now.
- The deadline to submit is Friday, Dec. 20, 2019.
- Scholarships will be announced on Friday, Jan. 17, 2020.
To help grow our sport, this scholarship will provide small snowsports schools across the country, who are PSIA-AASI Member Schools, with access to educational events and education leaders, such as PSIA-AASI National Team members, who provide experiences that may be career-changing. Small schools are training the future leaders of our industry to make the commitment to educate the public about skiing and snowboarding. It’s also at the small schools where family members who teach encourage their sons and daughters to follow in their footsteps to teach the sport.
In a recent survey of snowsports school directors and managers, feedback about PSIA-AASI’s relationship with their school revealed:
- 64% agreed that training through the PSIA-AASI curriculum increases safety and reduces injuries to their instructors
- 51% agreed that PSIA-AASI makes it easier for their employees to be successful
- 48% agreed that PSIA-AASI enables their school to provide better customer service
These scholarships help offset expenses related to schools’ implementation plans during the 2019-20 season.
- Up to $2,000 for an education plan (prep clinics, education resources, exams)
- Up to $250 for travel expense for PSIA-AASI clinicians that visit the PSIA-AASI Member School
Small school applicants must meet the following criteria:
- PSIA-AASI Member School
- Less than 150 staff
Applicants must submit and upload:
- A cover letter explaining your school’s interest in the scholarship, such as why you’re applying, the need for education for your instructor team, and how you intend to use the funding.
- Outline any plans for using this training to start a longer-range education plan for your instructor workforce. For example, does your school have a PSIA-AASI certified Level II instructor who acts as your training director and this event can provide him or her with new ideas and a better path for training? Or will your mountain manager attend the event so they can see how investing in education can help to train, develop and retain an instructor workforce? Or will these funds be used to offer an in-house Level I or Specialist Program to provide your staff with the education they need? Would you bring in and host a PSIA-AASI National Team member to inspire your workforce through a special education program?
- Include how education event participants will share the information learned with those instructors unable to attend.
- Include any additional information the Review Committee should know about your school.
- Include a timeline and plan for the type of training and support you’re seeking for your school and how this programming will benefit your school.
- Two letters of recommendation from your team that explains why additional education and training would benefit the school and workforce team. One recommendation letter should come from the resort’s executive team, or a board of director’s member, or from the leadership from the school, which expresses support for the education event proposed and the role PSIA-AASI can play in education growth for your workforce.
Help provide instructor teams at small ski and ride schools to gain access to education events hosted by education leaders, such the PSIA-AASI National Team, by donating online, or learn more about PSIA-AASI’s Education Foundation.
To donate by mail, please send a check or money order made out to the PSIA-AASI Education Foundation to: 133 S. Van Gordon St. Suite 200 Lakewood, CO 80228. Please indicate your donation is for the Small Snowsports School Scholarships.
Deadline to Apply: Friday, Dec. 20, 2019
Scholarships Announced: Friday, Jan. 137, 2020