About the Organization:
Adaptive Sports at Mount Snow (ASMS) is a volunteer-driven non-profit that provides adaptive sports, recreational opportunities and educational experiences to the Mount Snow community and its visitors throughout the year. We help individuals with disabilities to develop skills and instill pride and confidence that enables them to demonstrate their strengths and capabilities. Adaptive Sports at Mount Snow is an independently run 501(c)(3) led by a diverse Board of Directors and directed daily by a small, dedicated staff.
ASMS is a young organization, established in 2017. We are looking for the right individual to help grow and expand our existing programs, develop new programs, and help us reach a broader and more diverse client base.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for leading ASMS’s staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission. She or he will initially assess and develop deep knowledge of existing programs, operations, and business plans while creating and implementing a strategic plan and fundraising campaign to support operational growth and program expansion. The ED will oversee the activities of the entire staff, and directly manage and evaluate the staff. This is an exciting opportunity to lead and expand ASMS’s mission to the next phase of growth and impact to the adaptive community. You will work alongside a great team of staff, volunteers and committed Board members while also having the autonomy and accountability to grow and lead the organization.
· Develop and implement fundraising campaign that is aligned with strategic plan and financial and program growth targets.
· Represent ASMS in all fundraising and public events.
· Plan, organize and direct staff in all development activities, including, but not limited to: major donors, grant writing, annual appeals, corporate giving, crowd funding and social media funding campaigns, planned giving, special events, capital campaigns and in-kind donations. Assures a diverse revenue stream.
· Cultivate and expand long-term strategic partnerships with existing ASMS stakeholders and key partnership targets.
· Establish and maintain strategic partnerships with identified organizations that will help in growing the mission and programs of ASMS.
· In coordination with Board and staff support, develop donor targets lists and outreach plans.
Business / Financial Management
· Provide oversight and management of key financials including budget, expenditures, revenue tracking and forecasting; includes regular (scheduled) financial reporting to the Board.
· Develop and manage annual organizational budget
· Track all incoming and outgoing funds.
· Develop key performance metrics to support Monitoring and Evaluation and impact indicators.
· Create, implement and manage detailed organizational budgets.
· Provide activity reports and financial statements to determine progress in attaining financial and impact objectives.
· Oversee annual financial reviews and/or audits.
· Regularly communicate with the Board treasurer on financials, while managing cash flows and investment funds. Manage and develop operational, employment, and program policies designed to improve service with customers, employees, volunteers, donors and the community.
· Provide positive senior leadership for the organization and staff.
· Evaluate the performance of staff based on ASMS employment policies
· Track staff performance and provide annual evaluations and compensation agreements.
· Provide regular communication and scheduled meetings with staff.
· Regularly review and manage employment policies and professional development plans.
· Review and assess key strategic objectives of ASMS existing plans and future needs.
· Develop multi- year strategic plan and budget that aligns with operational, funding, impact and program growth objectives.
· Develop framework for tracking and communicating progress of plan.
· Plan and implement steps to reach short and long-range program and development goals.
· Organize and manage all board meetings including briefing documents, financial reports and updates to strategic plan.
· Manage Board members to achieve specific outcomes and objectives
· Provide Board with organizational updates and issues.
· Cultivate and develop new Board members with focus on fundraising and networks.
Marketing and Outreach
· Serve as the spokesperson and public champion of ASMS’s mission.
· Manage fundraising events staff, volunteer, and Board support.
· Prepare and deliver fundraising (pitch) presentations to prospective donors and partners.
· Oversee, deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence, to social media strategy to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
· Provide quotes and oversee press releases for print and broadcast media.
· Promote ASMS as a leader in the adaptive sports industry.
· Oversee marketing and PR plans to support outreach and brand development
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in business administration, nonprofit management, or a closely-related field required. Advanced degree is advantageous.
· Minimum 5 - 10 years of experience preferably in the nonprofit industry with focus on fundraising and operational growth. Consideration will also be made for candidates with private sector experience that are looking to transition to a non-profit.
· Five or more years of senior-level management experience.
Required Demonstrated Experience in:
· Fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to the nonprofit sector.
· An organization’s planning, delegating, program development and multi-tasking.
· Budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision- making and reporting.
· Conveying an organization’s vision and strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors.
· Proven managerial experience in hiring, training and developing a team, and managing to previously agreed goals and objectives
· Using networking skills to create new and maintain current relationships.
· Collaborating with and motivating board members and other volunteers.
· Producing professional written and oral communication documents and presentations.
· Interfacing and engaging a diverse volunteer and donor group.
· Overseeing and collaborating with staff to meet objectives.
· Using public speaking abilities to persuade and engage potential members, partners and supporters.
· Proficiency in using the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point) and QuickBooks to communicate, produce documents and to run reports; oversee efficiency/complementarity of systems (eg. Software)
· General interest in recreational and competitive sports programs.
· Knowledge of disability - including person first language, etiquette, physical disability diagnosis, American’s With Disabilities Act, etc.
· Empathy, compassion, and a desire to be an advocate for increased wellness and quality of life for people with disabilities through adaptive sports and fitness
· Broad knowledge of adaptive sports programs
· May be required to work weekends and evenings, with some independent regional travel.
· Hold a current Vermont Driver’s License and auto insurance.
· Access to a vehicle for transportation to out of office meetings and events.
· A portion of the work week will be on-site at the program office; the remainder may be spent in community engagement, partner/sponsor/donor meetings, or remote office work (eg home based)
· Fast-paced, entrepreneurial and unstructured office environment
· Flexible work schedule with occasional weekends and evenings, with some independent regional travel.
· Some remote work opportunity.
· Out-of-office meetings frequent.
If interested in applying, please send resume, cover letter, and three professional references no later than June 30, 2019 to email@example.com