COMPANY VISION AND MISSION STATEMENT
We are the backyard escape, full of adventure, authenticity, and free of distractions. Lee Canyon is where you connect with nature and like-minded friends and family who embrace the work hard/play hard lifestyle.
Our mission is to provide excitement and fun. We do this with enthusiasm and pride in who we are and what we do.
This position is responsible for oversight of the Ski and Snowboard program and its operations, including the training of staff, labor management, guest services and the development and expansion of new and existing products and programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Motivates, evaluates, and directs staff on a continual basis.
· Effectively communicates with all employees, guests and outside affiliates.
· Ensures that all ski school employees receive the training, support, guidance, feedback and resources necessary to perform job duties effectively.
· Ensures training programs are current with industry and PSIA/AASI standards.
· Oversees ski and snowboard program operations, task delegation and administrative processes in accordance with resort goals.
· Protect and promote the safety of self, co-workers and Lee Canyon guests at all times, which may include regular snow removal and ice melt placement.
· Report any potential safety risks, situations, accidents or incidents immediately.
· Has ability to train, direct, develop and mentor employees.
· Addresses employee performance issues.
· Able to create a comfortable and productive workplace for all team members.
· Accurately forecasts staffing needs and schedules individuals for daily teaching and activities in accordance to resort and guest need.
· Creates and facilitates daily instructor payroll process to ensure accuracy of reporting and compensation.
· Has excellent guest service and communicative skills and consistently strives to improve upon the guest experience
· Can work comfortably with various cultures and ages in a team environment.
· Able to establish and maintain a friendly rapport with all other departments.
· Regularly cooperates with Marketing, Rentals, Ticketing and F&B to ensure guest satisfaction.
· Works closely with Director of Mountain Sports in the creation and maintenance of departmental budget.
· Adherance to budgetary plan and constraints.
· Attends administrative meetings and communicates initiatives effectively to staff.
· Facilitates staff meetings.
· Continuous innovation in anticipation for growth.
· Open to new ideas and processes to help facilitate change.
· Accurate and Timely payroll processing within Department.
· Has a clean and welcoming Appearance .
· Oversees children's specialty programs.
· Must pass pre-employment screening.
· Has reliable transportation to be able to carpool/commute.
· Is able to safely navigate uneven and slippery terrain.
· Has use of their own ski boots or snowboard boots, skis or snowboard, ski poles as needed, helmet, gloves and eye protection.
· Strick adherence to all State and Federal employment laws, Company policies and Saftey Standards
· Other duties as assigned
· Is honest and has the higest integrity
· Is supportive of the resorts mission, Vision and Core Values
· Is able to handle and mange confidential information
· Is someone who has a fun, dynamic, energetic and positive personality and constantly strives to be the best
· Is willing to suggest and support new and innovative ideas
· Is organized and sees projects through to the finish. Has a good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people on issues
· Can handle a fast-pace and potentially high pressure work enviorment
· Is flexible with hours and days of work, and is able to work holidays, weekends, and all weather conditions
· Able to communicate timely and effectively in both face arenas and via the use of various pieces of technology
Previous Guest Service in a similar resort setting.
Previous experience supervising a staff of 50+
Minimum of 3 yrs experience managing ski and snowboard instructors
Current Level II Certification & Children's Certification, etc…
Experience in managing and adhering to revenue, labor and expense budgets
Organizational and Computer Skills a must
Strong Training and mentoring skills required
· Must have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs and carry 50 yards
· Must be able to work in a standing position for up to 8 hours
· Must be able to work outside in temperature below 32 degrees for up to 8 hours
· Ski experience and Ability: Must have at least Advance skiing or snowboarding ability