Aside from turning skiing and riding into a legit dream job, there are many benefits that come with being a PSIA-AASI member. Check out this “Guide to Membership."
Membership Deepens Your Knowledge and Credibility Through:
Membership Pays for Itself With:
Membership Keeps You Connected To:
More than 32,000 instructors through The Community, a social networking resource specifically for PSIA-AASI members
Other instructors in your area and local benefits through nine geographic divisions
Other organizations that strengthen the industry as a whole:
Leadership and volunteer opportunities
Membership Promotes Your Passion By:
Membership Can Advance Your Career
Many instructors become members of PSIA-AASI to become a better teacher or advance at their ski/ride school.
Instructors that are better teachers provide more value to their employer.
A level III instructor is considered an expert in their craft; this certification can open doors that expand outside of the snowsports industry.
You can travel the world teaching people to ski and snowboard with this transferable and highly marketable credential.
International Ski Instructors Association (ISIA) Stamp
Are you a certified Level III member planning a trip to enjoy the slopes in Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Canada or South America? Apply for an International Ski Instructors Association (ISIA) Passbook before you go, and it might help you get discounted lift tickets. While it’s up to the individual resorts to determine if the ISIA Passbook confers discounts or benefits at that resort, the $25 you spend could be a sound investment in access to foreign resorts. The ISIA Passbook may also prove beneficial if you are applying for a job at an international resort.
- Must be a current PSIA-AASI member
- Must have a Level III certification
- Must be current in required continuing education credits
How to Apply:
- Download the Application Form
- Fill out the application and mail it—with a passport photo of yourself and payment of $25—to PSIA-AASI, 133 S. Van Gordon St., Suite 200, Lakewood, CO 80228.
- If you already have an ISIA Passbook and just need an updated stamp, download and complete the application and either fax it to 303-987-9489, e-mail it to email@example.com, or call Member Services at 303-987-9390 and the order can be placed over the phone.
- Upon receipt of your application at the national office, please allow up to two weeks for your Passbook to arrive in the mail. Please plan ahead; and if you have a tight deadline call Member Services at 303-987-9390 for assistance.