2020 PSIA-AASI National Team Selection
The 2020 PSIA-AASI National Team Selection process helps PSIA-AASI select the nation’s best instructors to represent the association at the highest level. As a result, the team will embody these three attributes outlined by the Teams Taskforce:
- Lifelong learners
- Inspirational educators
- Inspirational athletes
The PSIA-AASI National Team is selected on a “best in the nation” concept. For 2020, there is no set maximum number of team members. Every four years, men and women are chosen to represent the association following a rigorous selection process and will serve a four-year term. To serve another term, incumbent team members follow the same selection process. The team’s manager and coaches are appointed before the 2020 selection process starts. The following discipline groups make up the National Team.
- Adaptive: May include adaptive alpine, snowboard, and cross-country members
- Cross Country
- Freestyle Specialist: May include at least one ski and/or snowboard member
The PSIA-AASI National Team supports PSIA-AASI’s vision: “Create lifelong adventures through education.”
Team Mission: Support our membership and member schools as part of the snowsports industry to:
- Develop personally and professionally
- Create and nurture positive learning experiences
- Grow enthusiasm and excitement for our profession
This vision supports the ONE TEAM concept that encourages collaboration through learning and growth across all snowsports disciplines. The 2020 selection process outcome will build a team that best represents the Learning Connection Model, highlighted in the Teaching Snowsports Manual.
A PSIA-AASI Team member exemplifies the highest level of skill performance in the following areas:
Successful team members are comfortable adapting in a variety of situations when it comes to subject matter, social settings, travel, and varying environments. Potential PSIA-AASI National Team members are leaders or emerging leaders, in the snowsports industry and are performing similar functions within their home schools and division.
- Tuesday, Oct. 1, 2019 - Formal online application opens on thesnowpros.org.
- Friday, Jan. 10, 2020 - Formal online application closes at 5 p.m. MST.
- PSIA-AASI will not accept incomplete or late application packets from candidates.