PSIA-AASI Website Terms of Service
Welcome to the Website of the Professional Ski Instructors of America and the American Association of Snowboard Instructors (“we” “us”).
When you use the Website, whether you are a visitor or an association member (“Member”), you agree to the following Terms of Service (“Terms”). Please read the Terms carefully.
Purpose and Use
We provide the Website and the Website’s text, images, video, graphics and multimedia files created by us, our partners, sponsors, advertisers and Members (“Content”) for educational and informational purposes only.
You agree to use the Website, the Content, and the services provided on the Website (“Services”) only for purposes permitted by these Terms and any applicable law, regulation or generally accepted practices in your jurisdiction. You will not:
- Interfere with or disrupt the Website, the normal use of the Website by other authorized users, the Content, the Services or the servers and networks associated with the Website;
- Upload any unlawful Materials; or
- Use the Website in violation of local, state, or national law.
We and our affiliates own the Website, our name, PROFESSIONAL SKI INSTRUCTORS OF AMERICA®, PSIA®, AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF SNOWBOARD INSTRUCTORS®, AASI®, AMERICAN TEACHING SYSTEM®, GO WITH A PRO®, THE PROFESSIONAL SKIIER®, 32 DEGREES THE JOURNAL OF PROFESSIONAL SNOWSPORTS INSTRUCTION®, THE PRO RIDER® and related trademarks, service marks, membership marks, designs and logos that we use on the Website and in commerce (collectively "Properties").
Unless we permit you in writing, you may not copy, sell, trade, use or allow others to use these Properties. All other trademarks that appear on the Website are the property of their respective owners and are used only to refer to those companies’ goods and services.
Address your questions concerning using our Properties to:
133 South Van Gordon Street, Ste. 200
Lakewood, CO 80228
Content, Information and Materials
The Content is the responsibility of the Content provider. We are not responsible or liable for the Content provided by others. Some Content may be protected by intellectual property rights owned by partners, sponsors, advertisers or Members providing that Content to us. Unless we permit you in writing, you may not copy, sell, trade, use or allow others to use the Content.
You are responsible for the information that you provide to us about yourself (“Information”) as a visitor or as a Member in the members-only portion of the Website (“Members Only Area”), for materials that you create and post to the Website (“Materials”), and for the consequences of providing us with that Information or those Materials.
If you post your Materials to the Website, you:
- Will identify yourself as author of the Materials;
- Warrant that the Materials are true and do not violate these Terms or any rights of any third party;
- Grant us a nonexclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, sub-licensable, royalty-free license to use, store, display, publish, transmit, transfer, distribute, reproduce, aggregate the Materials with other Content, create derivative works of and publicly perform the Materials for any purpose, in any form, medium, or technology now known or later developed; and
- Indemnify us, our affiliates, officers, employees, agents, partners, sponsors and advertisers from any and all liability, damages or expenses whatsoever due, directly or indirectly, to any cause of action arising out of the Materials.
We are not obligated to publish or pay for your Materials. We will not publish the Materials if we believe those Materials are:
- Defamatory, libelous, threatening, vulgar, sexual explicit, abusive, profane, rude, obscene or anonymous;
- Advertising, promotions or solicitations that we have not pre-approved;
- Falsely attributed to anyone other than you; or
- Infringing third party intellectual properties.
You understand and agree that you use the Website at your own risk and that we provide the website “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” without any express or implied warranties of merchantability, reliability, non-infringement or fitness for a particular purpose. Also, we do not warrant that:
- The Website will meet your requirements;
- Will operate without interruption or error;
- Content will be accurate or reliable;
- Content will not damage your computer; or
- We will correct Website deficiencies.
You understand that we, our affiliates, Divisions, partners, sponsors and advertisers will not be liable for any consequential, incidental, indirect or punitive damages associated with your use of the Website, or for any loss resulting from
- Your reliance on the Website;
- Your transactions with an advertiser or sponsor on the Website;
- Changes that we make to the Website;
- The deletion, corruption or failure to store your Information or Content;
- Your failure to provide and maintain accurate Information; or
- Your failure to keep your password and account details confidential.
NOTHING IN THESE TERMS EXCLUDES OR LIMITS OUR WARRANTY OR LIABILITY FOR LOSSES WHICH MAY NOT BE LAWFULLY EXCLUDED OR LIMITED BY APPLICABLE LAW. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR BREACH OF IMPLIED TERMS, OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, ONLY THE LIMITATIONS WHICH ARE LAWFUL IN YOUR JURISDICTION WILL APPLY TO YOU AND OUR LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Have no control over and are not responsible for the content or availability of Other Sites;
- Do not represent or warrant anything about goods or services that you may get from Other Sites; and
- Will not be liable for losses or damages incurred as a result of your contact with Other Sites.
Direct your concerns regarding Other Sites to that website’s administrator or webmaster.
Members Only Area
When you first use the Members Only Area, you will select a password. You may change your password at any time by following the directions in the Members Only Area.
You acknowledge that if we disable access to your account, you may be prevented from accessing the Members Only Area, your Information or other content in your account.
Reporting Content Violations
If you believe that your intellectual property rights have been violated by Content, please send written notice to the address listed under “Contact Us” below that:
- Describes the intellectual property that you believe was infringed (“Infringed Property”) and where the Infringed Property is located on the Website;
- Includes your address, a telephone number, and an e-mail address where we can contact you;
- States that you have a good-faith belief that the infringing use is not authorized by the Infringed Property owner, by its agent, or by law;
- States, under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the Infringed Property owner or are authorized to act on their behalf; and
- Includes your electronic or physical signature.
We may request additional information before removing any Content.
We may terminate your access to the Website if:
- You breach the Terms or act in a way which we believe shows that you do not intend to or are unable to comply with the Terms;
- We are required to do so by law; or
- We decide to discontinue the Website.
We may terminate your access to the Members Only Area for any of these reasons or if you are no longer a Member.
These Terms and your relationship with us are governed by Colorado law, without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state or federal courts located in Denver, Colorado to resolve any legal matter arising from these Terms.
Changes to Terms
These terms and conditions represent the entire understanding relating to the use of the Website and prevail over any prior or contemporaneous, conflicting or additional, communications. From time to time, we may change the Website, these Terms or the Services without prior notice to you. Changes will become effective when we post them to the Website. We will treat your use of the Website after new Terms are published as your acceptance of the new Terms.
Thank you for visiting our website. If you have questions about our policies, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
133 South Van Gordon Street, Suite 200
Lakewood, CO 80228