|¦¦¦Alpine Senior Moguls||Back to Calendar|
Dates: Wednesday, March 8, 2023 - Thursday, March 9, 2023 from 8:45 am - 4 pm ET (2 Days)
Add to Personal Calendar
Event Type: Education Clinic
Location: Belleayre Mountain (NY) (Plan to meet your group on snow at the starting time listed above, on the Discovery Lodge deck (near the base of the gondola). If we are notified of any change, we will email and/or text updated information to you. - Outdoor Registration)
Host Division: Eastern
- First Chair Rate: $210.00 (available through Tuesday, February 14)
- Last Chair Rate: $235.00
- CEUs: 12
Prerequisites: Current PSIA-AASI Membership
Registration Deadline: Wednesday, March 8, 2023, 11:59 pm ET
Online Registration: CLOSED
Course Name: Senior Moguls
Time: 2 Days
Credits: 12 Continuing Education Credits
Environment: Blue to Advanced Terrain
Prerequisites: Minimum Registered Member
Focuses on the development of skills and tactics to link turns in blue and easy black bumps. The pace and intensity will accommodate "older legs Pacing and terrain selection will be determined by the group's ability and goals. Recommended for older members who prefer slower pace with frequent breaks.
Specific activities will vary depending on the group and environmental conditions; however, they will typically include:
• Introduce the anatomy of a bump run and route (line) options.
• Performing consistent, quick, short turns in groomed terrain.
• Practicing activities to improve flexing and extending skills.
• Understanding the need to turn legs more than the upper body and developing this skill.
• Introducing preferred body posture and pole usage in bumps.
• Exploring activities on groomed and bumped terrain with more skidding and less carving.
• Practicing bump skiing skills in different bump fields, different lines, turn shapes and speeds.
• Understanding, through activities and feedback, personal ski performance in the bumps and activities to practice after the clinic
Additional Event Details:
SPOT INSURANCE OFFER
$25k injury coverage. $0 deductible.
Make the most of your event, with Spot Insurance. Spot's policy pays up to $25,000 of your medical bills, with $0 deductible.
For only $10.50 per day you're covered while skiing or snowboarding at your event--no matter if you have health insurance or not.
Ready to ski or ride harder? Select "Choose" to add Spot below, then pay for your event like you normally would. A policy will be generated and someone from Spot will get in touch with more details.
Policy modifications and cancellations must be done at least 5 days before the start date of the event. The policy is fully refundable until that time and is non-refundable after.