|¦¦¦Alpine Update Clinic||Back to Calendar|
Dates: Tuesday, March 14, 2023 - Wednesday, March 15, 2023 from 8:45 am - 4 pm ET (2 Days)
Add to Personal Calendar
Event Type: Education Clinic
Location: Jiminy Peak (MA) (Plan to meet your group on snow at the starting time listed above, in front of JJ's Lodge. If we are notified of any change, we will email and/or text updated information to you. - Outdoor Registration)
Host Division: Eastern
- First Chair Rate: $220.00 (available through Monday, February 20)
- Last Chair Rate: $245.00
- CEUs: 12
Prerequisites: Current PSIA-AASI Membership
Registration Deadline: Tuesday, March 14, 2023, 11:59 pm ET
Online Registration: CLOSED
Course Name: Alpine Update Clinic
Time: 2 Days
Credits: 12 Continuing Education Credits
Environment: Green to Easier Black Terrain
Prerequisites: Minimum Registered Member
Alpine Update Clinic are educational events that provide participants with up-to-date, comprehensive information about ATS, ski instruction, and the ski industry. The course offers personal skiing improvement, teaching progressions and methodology, movement analysis, mechanics, equipment knowledge, and other information that is relevant to participant goals.
Specific activities will vary depending on the group and environmental conditions; however, they will typically include:
• Reviewing the five fundamentals of skiing and the
• Reviewing and understanding how the skills in the Learning Connection Model - technical, teaching and people skills, are successfully used in ski teaching.
• Observing and describing how the body is moving, should move, and how the skis should interact with the snow as they relate to the Skiing Fundamentals and identifying cause and effect.
• Sharing activities to promote changes. The activities chosen must be mountain skiing and/or Agility/Versatility tasks appropriate to the advanced zone. Teaching will be done in or lead to significant time spent in conditions and speed appropriate to the Advanced zone.
• Understanding how to incorporate Teaching Styles and VAK into coaching.
• Practicing how to interact with the group and trainer/examiner in a way that it is evident the group is engaged and understands activities and directives.
• Sharing how to adapt activities and communication for different ages and stages of development.
Additional Event Details:
SPOT INSURANCE OFFER
$25k injury coverage. $0 deductible.
Make the most of your event, with Spot Insurance. Spot's policy pays up to $25,000 of your medical bills, with $0 deductible.
For only $10.50 per day you're covered while skiing or snowboarding at your event--no matter if you have health insurance or not.
Ready to ski or ride harder? Select "Choose" to add Spot below, then pay for your event like you normally would. A policy will be generated and someone from Spot will get in touch with more details.
Policy modifications and cancellations must be done at least 5 days before the start date of the event. The policy is fully refundable until that time and is non-refundable after.