|¦¦¦Alpine Women's Moguls||Back to Calendar|
Dates: Monday, March 20, 2023 - Tuesday, March 21, 2023 from 8:45 am - 4 pm ET (2 Days)
Add to Personal Calendar
Event Type: Education Clinic
Location: Okemo (VT) (Plan to meet your group on snow at the starting time listed above, in front of the quad lifts at the clock tower base. If we are notified of any change, we will email and/or text updated information to you. - Outdoor Registration)
Host Division: Eastern
- Normal Rate: $220.00 (available through Sunday, February 26)
- Late Rate: $245.00
- CEUs: 12
Prerequisites: Current PSIA-AASI Membership
Registration Deadline: Monday, March 20, 2023, 11:59 pm ET
Online Registration: CLOSED
Course Name: Moguls for Women Only
Time: 2 Days (12 credits)
Environment: Bumps in blue terrain or easier advanced terrain
Note: Due to variations in trail difficulty designations from one resort to the next, i.e., a Blue Square run at one resort may be designated as a Black Diamond at another resort. It is possible, and probable at some resorts, that ungroomed or Black Diamond bumped runs may be included in this event. In addition, trail difficulty may vary due to snow conditions improving or deteriorating throughout the day. The course conductor will determine if the local trail designations and conditions are appropriate for the ability of the group and will choose terrain appropriate for the event.
In addition, resorts make every effort to have bump runs available for our events; however, there are times when conditions make skiing bumps impossible. In this case the course conductor will make every effort to develop bump skiing skills on other terrain.
Prerequisites: Registered Member
This course is for female instructors only. This event is ideal for female members who want to be free to explore their skiing boundaries, and develop new skills, in a supportive environment. Course content will be determined by the group's ability, as well as their goals and objectives. The group may begin with basic skills and tactics and then progress from there.
Participants are expected to ski in mogul terrain during the event. Participants will get more from the clinic if they can make proficient short turns before the start of the event.
Specific activities will vary depending on the group and environmental conditions; however, they will typically include:
• Identifying, through activities and feedback, how applying and adapting the skiing fundamentals will aid and improve bump skiing.
• Practicing and applying improved flexing and extending skills in a variety of moguls.
• Refining the ability to turn legs more than the upper body.
• Analyzing how body posture and pole usage impacts performance.
• Practicing bump skiing skills in different bump fields, different lines, turn shapes and speeds.
• Delving into strategies and tactics for approaching and skiing bump runs.
• Exploring women specific considerations that may impact performance in moguls. Topics may include, but are not limited to: fear, equipment, and anatomy.
• Developing the ability to use the Skiing Fundamentals and the Skills Concept to observe and describe how bodies move, versus how they should move, and how the skis should perform in bump skiing.
Additional Event Details:
SPOT INSURANCE OFFER
$25k injury coverage. $0 deductible.
Make the most of your event, with Spot Insurance. Spot's policy pays up to $25,000 of your medical bills, with $0 deductible.
For only $10.50 per day you're covered while skiing or snowboarding at your event--no matter if you have health insurance or not.
Ready to ski or ride harder? Select "Choose" to add Spot below, then pay for your event like you normally would. A policy will be generated and someone from Spot will get in touch with more details.
Policy modifications and cancellations must be done at least 5 days before the start date of the event. The policy is fully refundable until that time and is non-refundable after.