|Cancelled - Telemark Eastern Team Tryout||Back to Calendar|
Dates: Wednesday, March 15, 2023 - Thursday, March 16, 2023 from 8:45 am - 4 pm ET (2 Days)
Add to Personal Calendar
Event Type: Certification Exam
Location: Killington (VT) (Plan to meet your group on snow at the starting time listed above, at the base of the snowshed quad. If we are notified of any change, we will email and/or text updated information to you. - Outdoor Registration)
Host Division: Eastern
- First Chair Rate: $250.00 (available through Tuesday, February 21)
- Last Chair Rate: $275.00
- CEUs: 12
Prerequisites: Current PSIA-AASI Membership, Level 3 Certification
Registration Deadline: Wednesday, February 22, 2023, 11:30 pm ET
This event has been cancelled.
Online Registration: CLOSED
The Alpine or Telemark Eastern Team tryout is a 2-day tryout for members who are interested in competing in the PSIA-AASI National Team Selection in 2024. The Eastern Team tryout is not an event where you come "see how you stack up" or come to "see what it is all about". You should have your mind made up that you are trying out for the PSIA-AASI National Team in 2024 prior to signing up for the Eastern Team tryout.
Becoming an Eastern team member is the first step on the path to being endorsed by the Eastern Region for National team. The National Team Selection is open to all Level III Certified Members. It is not currently a requirement to be on the Eastern Team to apply for National Team tryouts. However, being on the Eastern team will be a way to prepare for the process and start to organize the content needed for National Team tryouts, both on snow and off snow. Being a member of the Eastern Team will help an individual to have the opportunity to secure a Divisional Endorsement to attend the National Team Selection. Being an Eastern team member does not, however, guaranty an endorsement for all Eastern Team members. Eastern Team members earn their endorsement through their participation as a team member, as they prepare for the National Team Selection.
Membership/Certification/Experience requirements to attend the tryout for the PSIA -AASI Alpine Eastern Team and the National Team Selection process:
• Current PSIA-AASI member
• U.S. citizen or Permanent U.S. resident
• PSIA - Alpine or Telemark - Level 3 certification
• Children's Specialist 2 accreditation
• Encompass a broad, diverse, technical knowledge of skiing, teaching, professional development, and learning theory relevant to snowsports instruction.
• Possess superb and inspirational communication skills.
• On Snow: Master of group handling, creative, innovative, and relevant content, as well as accurate demonstrations.
• Writing skills: Skilled in writing and able to contribute to relevant ideas for communication topics. You should have reasonable command of all communication channels including Social Media.
• Public speaking confidence for relaying inspirational education content and association messages.
• Be an athletic and inspiring role model.
• A Team Player focused on the vision and organizational Ends/Objectives of PSIA-AASI and its membership.
• You have a passion for providing exceptional guest service.
Additional Event Details:
SPOT INSURANCE OFFER
$25k injury coverage. $0 deductible.
Make the most of your event, with Spot Insurance. Spot's policy pays up to $25,000 of your medical bills, with $0 deductible.
For only $10.50 per day you're covered while skiing or snowboarding at your event--no matter if you have health insurance or not.
Ready to ski or ride harder? Select "Choose" to add Spot below, then pay for your event like you normally would. A policy will be generated and someone from Spot will get in touch with more details.
Policy modifications and cancellations must be done at least 5 days before the start date of the event. The policy is fully refundable until that time and is non-refundable after.