|¦¦¦Snowboard Level I Assessment (Rescheduled/Relocated from Liberty)||Back to Calendar|
Dates: Saturday, March 4, 2023 - Sunday, March 5, 2023 from 8:45 am - 4 pm ET (2 Days)
Add to Personal Calendar
Event Type: Certification Exam
Location: Ski Roundtop (PA) (Plan to meet your group on snow at the starting time listed above, on the SRS Sundeck, adjacent to the Alpine Room and SRS offices. If we are notified of any change, we will email and/or text updated information to you. - Outdoor Registration)
Host Division: Eastern
- First Chair Rate: $210.00 (available through Friday, February 24)
- Last Chair Rate: $235.00
- CEUs: 12
Prerequisites: Current PSIA-AASI Membership, Snowboard Level I E-Learning Course (https://lms.thesnowpros.org)
Registration Deadline: Friday, March 3, 2023, 11:59 pm ET
This event has been rescheduled from its original date(s).
Online Registration: CLOSED
- Must be a member of PSIA-AASI
- Must complete the Snowboard Level I eLearning course prior to registering.
- Please refer to the AASI Assessment Guide and reference information for complete details at https://easternsnowpros.org/education/snowboard/
- We highly recommend reviewing the National Standards.
The Certified Level I process consists of an assessment of basic riding skills, teaching skills, and professional knowledge (which refers to technical and mechanical knowledge as well as to knowledge of guest service, AASI, the snowsports industry, and risk management). The course riding and teaching scenarios as well as a technical discussion regarding how students learn and progress from the Beginner/Novice to Intermediate Zones. While a school director's signature is not required, we strongly encourage you to notify your director so that he or she is both aware of and can help ensure that you are prepared for a successful exam experience.
Specific activities will vary depending on the group and environmental conditions; however, they will typically include:
• Riding assessment on overall on-hill performance using all green terrain, blue terrain including off-piste conditions or small freestyle features
• Professional knowledge assessment based on discussions, behavior and interaction with the group. Candidates should be prepared to deliver a short teaching segment to the group.
• Teaching methodology assessment based on teaching segments, interaction with the group or group discussions. Candidate should promote positive learning environments while teaching in a safe, effective manner.