|¦¦¦Snowboard Level I Assessment - In-house||Back to Calendar|
Dates: Saturday, March 11, 2023 - Sunday, March 12, 2023 from 8:45 am - 4 pm ET (2 Days)
Add to Personal Calendar
Event Type: Certification Exam
Location: Ski Sundown (CT) (Plan to meet your group on snow at the starting time listed above, by the private lessons banner in front of the rental building. If we are notified of any change, we will email and/or text updated information to you. - Outdoor Registration)
Host Division: Eastern
- First Chair Rate: $210.00 (available through Friday, March 10)
- Last Chair Rate: $235.00
- CEUs: 12
Prerequisites: Current PSIA-AASI Membership, Snowboard Level I E-Learning Course (https://lms.thesnowpros.org)
Registration Deadline: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 11:59 pm ET
This event has been recently added to the calendar.
Online Registration: CLOSED
- Must be a member of PSIA-AASI
- Must complete the Snowboard Level I eLearning course prior to registering.
- Please refer to the AASI Assessment Guide and reference information for complete details at https://easternsnowpros.org/education/snowboard/
- We highly recommend reviewing the National Standards.
The Certified Level I process consists of an assessment of basic riding skills, teaching skills, and professional knowledge (which refers to technical and mechanical knowledge as well as to knowledge of guest service, AASI, the snowsports industry, and risk management). The course riding and teaching scenarios as well as a technical discussion regarding how students learn and progress from the Beginner/Novice to Intermediate Zones. While a school director's signature is not required, we strongly encourage you to notify your director so that he or she is both aware of and can help ensure that you are prepared for a successful exam experience.
Specific activities will vary depending on the group and environmental conditions; however, they will typically include:
• Riding assessment on overall on-hill performance using all green terrain, blue terrain including off-piste conditions or small freestyle features
• Professional knowledge assessment based on discussions, behavior and interaction with the group. Candidates should be prepared to deliver a short teaching segment to the group.
• Teaching methodology assessment based on teaching segments, interaction with the group or group discussions. Candidate should promote positive learning environments while teaching in a safe, effective manner.