Website Wasatch Adaptive Sports
Adaptive Sports Instructor
Pay Rate: Starting at $18.00 per hour. Pay incentives based on years of past experience and certifications
Wasatch Adaptive Sports (WAS) strives to create a community where people of all abilities can
experience the power of outdoor recreation whenever and wherever they choose. A 501(c)(3)
nonprofit organization supported by Snowbird Resort, WAS serves children, adults, and
veterans with adaptive needs through recreational, educational, and social programs that
promote active living and independence. Visit wasatchadaptivesports.org to learn more.
What You’ll Do
Under the direction of Program Managers of Wasatch Adaptive Sports, instructors teach
adaptive alpine skiing, snowboarding, and/or snowshoeing seasonally to children, adults, and
veterans with adaptive needs.
Position Functions / Areas of Responsibility
- Collaborate with other WAS staff, instructors, and volunteers to ensure overall program
- Teach skiing, snowboarding, and/or snowshoeing program lessons according to WAS
- Learn to adapt all equipment to varying abilities through training and lessons.
- Develop a strong teaching ability by regularly attending in-house clinics and other professional training.
- Establish a strong pre-lesson plan and on-snow assessment.
- Adhere to all risk management protocols to ensure safety of all students and instructors.
- Track and evaluate student goals and progressions.
- Communicate respectfully and think critically to promote positive program culture.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Work consistent weekly shift contingent on program schedule
- Available 3- 5 days a week, December 5th, 2022 – April 8th, 2023
- Able to attend pre season meeting November 10th, and on snow training December 5th-9th
- First Aid/CPR/AED certified or willing to obtain certification upon hire.
- 1 year of experience teaching sports or recreation skills, preferably to people with adaptive needs.
- PSIA-AASI Certification valued but not required
Skills & Knowledge:
- Must be able to ski and/or snowboard at a minimum of an intermediate level
- Must be able to access internet for access to work schedule
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Commitment to continuous skills/ teaching improvement
- Practice effective team behavior and demonstrate effective interpersonal relationships
- Commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Snowbird Ski Resort Season Pass/ UTA Bus Pass
- 50% off Food at Snowbird Resort
- All active employees and their dependents, are eligible for reciprocal privileges at all other POWDR resorts
- Eligible for discounts at all Ikon and Mountain Collective resorts
- Must be able to perform outdoor physical work for long periods of time.
- Regular interaction with the public in variable weather conditions.
Must submit a background check.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the role. All job opportunities at Snowbird Resort
require the ability to comply with our Professional Appearance, Drug & Alcohol, and
Employee Conduct Policies.
To apply for this job please visit recruit.hirebridge.com.