Website Inside Ski Training Center
Inside Ski Training Center Assistant Director
The Inside Ski Training Center (ISTC) Assistant Director is responsible for the guest and employee experience with a focus on customer service, marketing and program development, strategic management, financial success, and safety. This position will report to the owners of Pro-Fit Ski & Mountain Sports and the ISTC Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teach fun ski and/or snowboard lessons at all levels from new skiers/riders to advanced students.
- Coordinate and schedule lessons for children and adult group and private sessions, as well as special events, conditioning, and training sessions.
- Provide exceptional customer service by interacting with guests to listen to needs, suggestions and resolve complaints.
- Coach and manage ski and snowboard instructors, to ensure an unparalleled guest experience.
- Share in the responsibility for achieving monthly sales goals.
- Communicate daily with staff to provide / obtain information.
- Participate in industry events and continue active involvement with professional organizations (PSIA / AASI / SIA / NSAA).
- Maintain knowledge of industry and safety regulations and emergency procedures. Support team / guest by ensuring compliance and providing routine training. Facilitate a culture of safety and accountability relative to job performance and guest use of the ISTC.
- Coordinate orientation / training programs for new associates.
- Working knowledge of Ski Resort and Hospitality operations.
- Must possess marketing and sales communication skills.
- Must be analytical, creative and possess demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective operating processes to achieve maximum efficiency with a focus on guest service.
- Superior leadership skills and the ability to direct diverse groups of instructors and students at all levels.
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills. Must speak fluent English.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Hospitality Management or equivalent combination of work experience preferred, but not required.
- Minimum 1-year experience as a part- or full-time instructor in a resort environment required; strong preference given to candidates with additional experience in a supervisory, managerial, or assistant / director role.
- 1-year supervisory experience in any industry preferred but not required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- PSIA/AASI Level I Certification or higher
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Periodic travel required including to various industry conferences or events.
- Optimum physical fitness required to actively participate / train in the ISTC and perform/train guests and staff.
- Frequent skiing/boarding on an indoor ski simulator, carrying of objects up to 50lbs, reaching/maneuvering/positioning oneself to perform assigned tasks.
- Constant moving about ISTC and performing majority of job duties for extended periods of time.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays required and willingness to flex up work hours (based on business need).
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Email resume to:
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org