Website MAC Ski & Snowboard
Assistant Ski Coach/Instructor – YSL Team
MAC Ski and Snowboard/Multnomah Athletic Club, Portland/Mt. Hood Meadows, Oregon – PT; Seasonal
Job Summary/Description: Coaches the MAC Youth Ski League (YSL) members as an introduction to ski racing, with a heavy focus on fundamental skills. Reports directly to the Head YSL Prep Team or YSL/U14 Team Coach and the Program Director/Head Coach. The average athlete to coach ratio is 6:1, the perfect size group for fun, camaraderie, and learning! We are hiring multiple part-time, seasonal positions on the team. Please emphasize your coaching experience on your resume and application. Submit a cover letter detailing your experience and desired level of coaching.
YSL Prep Team:
- Coaches work with athletes aged 6-13 (U8 to U14 age class), who are new to the sport of ski racing and require fundamental skiing skill development.
- Coaches are expected to work Holiday Camp (Dec. 27-30), and then every Sunday through the end of the YSL season in mid-March. A few Saturdays may be required for race support at the Mt. Hood YSL races. Schedule determined before each season.
YSL and U14 Team:
- Coaches work with more experienced racers aged 10-13 (U12 to U14 age class) on Saturday and Sunday over the winter season.
- Race coaching experience is required.
- Athletes in this program compete in the MHYSL series, U12 Buddy Werner Championships, and the PNW (Pacific Northwest) U14 Qualifier Series.
MAC Ski and Snowboard is a Certified US Ski and Snowboard Club, serving the members of the Multnomah Athletic Club at the highest level in multiple winter sports.
- Current professional certification from US Ski and Snowboard and/or PSIA
- OR has an experienced background in ski instruction, race coaching, or competition as an athlete.
- Competitive team coaching experience preferred, but not required.
- Working knowledge of various athletic activities and facilities.
- Demonstrated effective planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated technological proficiency including a working knowledge of computer applications and smart phone applications (i.e., email communication, Microsoft Office programs, use of Dayforce App for employee self-management, and use of Team Snap platform for scheduling and communication).
Pay/Benefits: The Assistant Ski/Snowboard Coach position has a starting hourly rate of $21/hour. Coaching wage may increase based upon candidate’s experience and professional certifications. Coaches earn a free season pass to Mt. Hood Meadows, receive employee discounts at our restaurants and shops, and enjoy the use of our world class athletic club in the Goose Hollow District of Portland, Oregon.
To apply, follow the link, submit a resume and cover letter: https://us62e2.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/themac/Posting/View/3028
To apply for this job please visit us63.dayforcehcm.com.