Website Okemo Mountain Resort
Assistant Snowmaking Manager
Location: Okemo Resort, Ludlow, Vermont
Okemo is known for its snowmaking capabilities. We are looking for a person to join the Okemo Mountain Operations team and assist in leading our Snowmaking department. At Okemo one of our values is “BE SAFE” and we take this very seriously. Working with our employees to fully explain our safety guidelines will be key. Making sure all of our employees receive the training, support and resources to fully understand what is encouraged of them. Guest Experience – working with our employees, so that we are providing quality snow with the best guest service possible. Assist in owning the daily operations of our Snowmaking system and employees who own the system. Be able to connect with the Director of Mountain Operations, Grooming, Patrol and our Dispatch teams. Pass along any information to the Lift Maintenance team, pertinent to the operation of our lifts on a daily basis.
- Works closely with the Snowmaking Manager and Night Supervisor
- Involved with the hiring of snowmaking team.
- Responsible for the coordination snowmaking shifts, including compressor pads and pump station operations, on hill movement or guns and snow quality
- Responsible for crew assignments, safety, scheduling, care and service of snowmaking equipment
- Ability to perform duties of the Snowmaking Supervisor in their absence as follows:
- Responsible for snowmaking operations, from hiring/firing, maintenance of equipment, coordinating service of compressors and pumps, and coordinating the actual snowmaking operation
- Other tasks include operating various pieces of grooming equipment and snow removal equipment
- Other duties as assigned
- Physical fitness is required, with ability to perform tasks in adverse weather conditions quickly and optimally
- Ability to lift, reach overhead, stand, sit, bend, climb, walk on all terrain, work in various weather conditions, ride snowmobile, operate hand and power tools as well as maneuver snow guns
- Heavy lifting (75 pounds)
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to take direction from leadership in any and all aspects of snowmaking
- Strong leadership and supervisory qualities and ability to empower crew
- Experienced in all aspects of snowmaking
- Capable of operating a snowmobile, all-terrain vehicle and motor vehicle
- Excellent judgment skills required for personal safety and for working with staff
- Optimal communication skills needed to coordinate with staff
- Ability to perform all tasks of a snowmaker when needed
- Ability to use and communicate via radio and phone system
- Ability to run heavy equipment a plus.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including…
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
- 5 years prior experience
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
Contact Information: https://jobs.vailresortscareers.com/
Application Deadline: Open
To apply for this job please visit jobs.vailresortscareers.com.