Certified Instructor Level 3/Experienced Staff Trainer
As staff trainer for the Northstar ski and snowboard school, primary duties are focused on PSIA/AASI certification preparation and mentoring staff for overall professional developments. A trainer’s role is focused on, but not limited to, training other ski & snowboard instructor’s modern techniques and principles for guests of all levels and delivering trainings and staff observations as outlined by the SRS Training program.
- Train ski & snowboard instructors on modern techniques and principles for guests of all levels.
- Focus on advanced skiers/riders and training/teaching contemporary skiing and riding methodologies.
- Train staff in preparation for PSIA/AASI certifications & accreditations.
- Deliver training on in-house programs focusing on customer service, safety awareness and the overall guest experience.
- Participate in delivering staff observations and providing feedback to instructors and leadership team, as necessary.
- Teach a variety of alpine or snowboard lessons during peak business levels.
- Understand, abide by and promote rules and procedures set forth in Resource and Guidelines manual, including lift-loading and safety protocols.
- Upholding the highest levels of guest safety on varied terrain in high altitude, with varying winter weather conditions.
- Clearly and accurately instruct assigned levels of skiing and or snowboarding to students, both physically and verbally.
- Execute all aspects of the Cert 3 Ski Instructor position, as required.
- Assisting in operational responsibilities of Ski & Snowboard programs including but not limited to registration process, directing guests to appropriate equipment fitting source, upkeep of outdoor teaching areas, and cleanliness of facilities.
- High School or Equivalent Education
- Must have current Level III certification w/ Professional Ski Instructors of
- America (PSIA), American Association of Snowboard Instructors (AASI),
- International Ski Instructors Association (ISIA), or equivalent organization.
- Previous experience with staff training including but not limited to new hire instructor training, PSIA/AASI certification clinics, training focused on regional/local business needs and general professional development.
- Must be able to work in a full time/winter seasonal status.
- PSIA/AASI Level 3 Certification
- Basic knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and browser applications; basic internet navigation
- Must be fluent in all aspects of the English language (spoken and written)
- Previous experience with teaching/coaching/mentoring
- Previous ski/snowboard instructor experience
- Must work well in a team
- Must be able to work in inclement weather in a high alpine environment
- Must have excellent guest service skills
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must have sight, speech, and hearing abilities sufficient to learn skills, follow and provide directions
- Must be available to work holidays and weekends
- Must be able to lift, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and reach frequently.
- Experience working with guests of all ages
- Knowledge of local area/resort
- Previous experience with teaching/coaching/mentoring all age groups
To apply for this job please visit jobs.vailresortscareers.com.