Website Sierrra at Tahoe
Certified Ski/Ride Instructor
Full-Time and Part-Time positions available for PSIA/AASI certified Children’s and Adult instructors are available for the 2022/23 Winter Season! The instructor will provide quality ski/snowboard instruction to groups and individuals in a safe and fun manner while upholding all California Skier Safety Act rules/regulations and Company guidelines.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Upholding the highest levels of guest safety on varied challenging terrain with constantly changing winter weather conditions.
- Clearly and accurately instructing assigned levels of skiing or snowboarding to students, both physically and verbally.
- Ensuring that students are matched to appropriate skier/snowboarding skill level and working with supervisors/managers to make appropriate changes when necessary.
- Assisting guests with transportation of equipment.
- Assisting guests to load and unload the chairlift.
- Communicating instructions and helping guests to their feet during a lesson; lifting children by the vest (if applicable).
- Supervising children in class at all times; assisting at lunch and snack times; ensuring return of children to identified guardian.
- Assisting in operational responsibilities of Ski & Ride School programs including but not limited to registration process, directing guests to appropriate equipment-fitting source, upkeep of outdoor teaching areas, and cleanliness of facilities.
- Contribute to team effort by participating in Job Sharing, assuming responsibility for the cleanliness of the resort and safety of guests and employees; participating in safety meetings; accepting diverse assignments; maintain a positive and friendly attitude and demeanor in all internal and external interactions.
- High School or Equivalent Education –
- Attend Sierra Snow College at Sierra-At-Tahoe training sessions-
- PSIA/AASI Level 1, 2 or 3 certification-
- Previous ski/snowboard instructor experience – required
- PSIA/AASI membership in good standing
- Basic knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and browser applications; basic Internet navigation-
- Must be fluent in all aspects of the English language (spoken and written)-
- Must have excellent guest service skills-
- Must have excellent communication skills-
- Must work well in a team environment –
- Must be able to work in inclement weather in an alpine environment-
- Must have sight, speech, and hearing abilities sufficient to learn skills, follow and provide directions-
- Must be available to work holidays and weekends-
- Experience working with guests of all ages –
- Previous experience with teaching/coaching/mentoring –
- Previous experience with teaching/coaching/mentoring children –
Please Note: All Instructor applicants must provide two (2) letters of reference and submit a resume in order to be considered for a position. Letters of reference should pertain to the applicant’s previous experience with teaching/coaching/mentoring, whenever possible. Sierra at Tahoe will also conduct reference checks for all candidates being considered for employment and a criminal background check for all candidates who have been offered a position in our Ski & Ride School.
To apply visit: Employment (sierraattahoe.com)
To apply for this job please visit www.sierraattahoe.com.