Website Eldora Mountain Ski & Ride School
Certified Snowboard Instructor
Full-time and Part-time
Hourly rate for non-certified instructors $18+ DOE, $21+ DOE for certified instructors
Who We’re Looking For: At Eldora we’re in this business because we believe the adventure lifestyle brings meaning and purpose to people’s lives. We have an insatiable passion for the outdoors and our community, and we don’t see the point in doing something unless it is fun. We are looking for individuals who embody this statement and want to foster an environment where Eldora is ‘the Place to Learn!!’ Join a community that has provided multiple generations of Front Range residents with their first experiences on snow.
If you enjoy making connections with other people, working outdoors in a beautiful alpine environment, and providing exceptional guest service experiences, we want you to work for the best resort employer in Colorado and participate in a true Learning Community. Every day, we deliver memorable experiences, enhance people’s lives, and have fun doing it.
If you LOVE kindergarten aged students (4-6 year olds) and enjoying keeping the focus on fun, please apply for the 4-6 Specialist Instructor position!
What you get to do: Ski & Ride School Instructors are friendly, welcoming, and inclusive all while providing unparalleled learning and customer service experiences for our Guests. They instill confidence and a love for winter sports while guiding their guests to discover the joys of skiing or snowboarding. Our instructors work throughout the season and ensure the best possible experience for the Eldora guest, working on an individual basis and as a part of the Eldora team. Previous experience with teaching/coaching/mentoring children or customer service preferred.
- Must love working with kids of all ages and can communicate effectively with parents to build long lasting relationships with the entire family.
- Must be able to share your love for skiing/riding with Eldora guests in a safe and effective manner.
- Teach skiing or snowboarding with a keen focus on the welfare of the students.
- Have a desire to learn and develop personal skills by attending our free, ongoing ski & snowboard training.
- Live the Eldora culture of being welcoming and inclusive while abiding by our policies.
- Has an entrepreneurial mindset and sees an opportunity to build their brand through Eldora’s client base and SRS products.
- Work with the SRS team in teaching and non-teaching duties
- Must be able to access daily schedules and company notices electronically.
- Other duties as assigned by SRS Management.
- Ability to ski and ride well, but we are looking for a ‘people person’ who has the desire to develop their personal skiing and/or riding skills.
- Able to work long and irregular hours including weekends and holidays.
- Must be an excellent communicator and work well with others in and outside of the SRS department.
- Previous experience working with children (4-14yr olds) preferred.
- Is a champion of Play Forever, Powdr’s corporate responsibility commitment to protect the environment and support our community in Eldora’s everyday operations.
- Current PSIA-AASI certification/s Level 1 and above
- Minimum age 18
While performing the duties of this job, work is performed both outside in all weather conditions, including extreme cold, snow, wind and rain, on varied snow surfaces, as well as indoors. Indoor time is spent interacting with guests.
Essential Functions of this position include:
- Standing for an extended period of time.
- Ski/ride safely and confidently in all snow conditions and in varying types of terrain at all times.
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Regularly lift or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift or move more than 50 pounds.
- Ability to work well with staff, other departments, and the public under stressful conditions.
- Must own modern ski or riding equipment.
- Lead with excellent organizational and guest service skills.
Compensation: $21+/hour, depending on experience
Benefits: This is a seasonal position eligible for season pass for employees/dependents and privileges at several other resorts. Several discount programs (i.e. food & beverage, retail/rental, tickets, etc.) are also available. PSIA-AASI certification reimbursement, free ski/ride skills development clinics, hourly and program bonus incentives.
General Statement to All Employees:
POWDR-Eldora Mountain, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and that race/color/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/protected veterans or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Eldora Mountain Resort in Boulder County, Colorado. 20 miles west of Boulder, CO. We are situated in the heart of Colorado’s front range playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
To apply for this job email your details to .firstname.lastname@example.org