Website Woodward Park City
Job Title: Coach
Job Status: Full time & Part Time – Seasonal
The Woodward Coach will be an essential member of Woodward Park City’s Progression team, reporting to the Woodward Park City Progression Assistant Manager and Coach Supervisors. The successful applicant will motivate and educate our guests in a variety of action sports, snow sports, tumbling, cheer, and/or parkour. The Woodward Park City Coach work directly with guests and is responsible for promoting snowsports and actions sports by providing safe, enjoyable, and effective training and instruction sessions for our guests. They are also responsible for teaching all ages and ability levels and creating proper skill progressions based on ability. This includes progressions in the Woodward Hub and out on the Woodward Mountain Parks. Safety, fun, and progressive/innovative learning are top priorities at all times.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Teach and understand beginner to advanced snowboard, ski lessons, mtn. bike, trampoline, skate, BMX, scooter, parkour, cheer, or tumbling (sport training will be given in variety of sports outside your area of expertise)
- Teach group and private lessons, day camps and special events
- Lead safety trainings in all areas of The Hub and/or outdoor areas
- Inform and enforce all safety rules and policies including wearing helmets, mask wearing, PARK SMART, ATML, etc.
- Create lesson plans and skill progressions
- Provide experiential safety tours during daily sessions in The Hub
- Proactively engage with all participants at all times
- Spot participants through basic skills on the spring floor, trampolines, and pump track
- Ability to break skills down into easily definable steps
- Communicate well with supervisors, co-workers, children, guests, members, and parents from all backgrounds
- Be active in attending coaching clinics, spotting clinics and additional training and possibly lead clinics in your area of expertise
- Be a part of a unique team, set a positive example and be a role model
- Clean and maintain all Woodward Park City facilities including foam pits, skateparks, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Embodies Powdr’s Mission: Deliver memorable experiences. Enhance people’s lives. Have fun doing it.
- Embodies Powdr’s Vision: Inspire every human being with cool experiences in awesome places.
- Embodies Powdr’s Values: Enduring, Responsible, Entrepreneurial, Soulful and Teamwork.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with diverse groups of people.
- 2+ years of experience in related field.
- First Aid/CPR Certification.
- Sport specific certification (PSIA/AASI/PMBIA/USAG/USASA etc).
- SafeSport certification.
- CDC Heads up concussion certification.
- Must be comfortable working in heights and confined spaces.
- Able to work as a team and independently.
- Proven ability to collaborate well across functions and departments, to work as part of a team.
- Number of employees supervised: none
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Physical Capabilities: bend, twist, push, pull, stand, lift 50lbs.
- Passionate about snow sports, action sports, parkour, cheer, and teaching
- Strong communication skills
- Adhere to all grooming and name tag standards
- Honest and has the highest integrity
- Reasonable physical condition
- Must be able to stand for extended periods
- Must be comfortable working in an indoor and outdoor all season environment
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and evenings
- Due to the sensitive nature of this position, a criminal background check will be conducted after position is accepted
To apply, please go to this page.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.