Website Stevens Pass
Director of Skier Services
Do you love the mountains and wonder what it would be like to work at a mountain resort? Looking to try something new and learn how to ski, snowboard or downhill mountain bike? Are you looking to meet new friends from all over the country and world? If you answered yes to any of these questions, we invite you to come join our community at Stevens Pass today! Why not work where you play, and let Stevens Pass be your office. www.vailresortscareers.com
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
The Director of Skier Services leads the Ski and Snowboard School operations, Scanning operations and supports PSS operations. Specific areas of leadership include but are not limited to; team performance/development and strategic direction of all aspects of the Skier Services lines of businesses. This leader should have a senior level of operations management experience with a proven ability to lead complex teams in multi-location environments. She/he will be passionate, innovative, with demonstrated skills around developing and supporting strategies to bring the resort vision mission to life. A Strong ability to develop talent and build teams, combined with strategic vision and solution oriented thinking are essential for success in this position. As a member of the Resort’s senior management team the position contributes to the development, communication and implementation of resorts strategic direction, goals and initiatives. Articulate and consistent communication and interaction with guests and community members are additional portions of the positions senior leadership expectation.
- Strategically direct and monitor quality of overall Ski and Snowboard School products and staff to ensure exceptional guest experience and safety, aligned with Resort and Company goals, financial success, and development of future products/programs.
- Direct the scanning leadership team to assure that team focuses on delivering a memorable on-mountain experience through providing outstanding guest service at each of our base area lift locations. They will lead a Ticket Scanning team covering day and night operations. The team is responsible for greeting each guest, scanning every ticket and verifying that each guest has a valid product to access the mountain.
- Lead Managers and Supervisors to ensure accountability for the quality of products, services and safety for guests. Provide feedback, growth opportunities, leadership opportunities and appropriate training to develop of leaders.
- Drive a strong culture of safety within the Ski and Snowboard School, Scanning teams and the entire resort.
- Responsible for financial results, assuring that individual departments and the division meet or exceed budget targets.
- Build and develop a hardworking, talented and engaged management team that is aligned with resort goals and culture and can deliver to identified operational standards.
- Responsible for Skier Services divisional and departmental strategies, revenue generation, and future capital projects.
- Partner with other resort Skier Services Directors to implement and execute Vail Resorts Ski and Snowboard School and Scanning SOP’s and Best Practices ensuring alignment across locations.
- Stay current on guest and employee health and safety regulations, including MSDS standards, universal precautions, child abuse guidelines, background checks, and emergency response plans.
- Support and drive our DEI and Talent philosophy.
- Drive the company’s Commitment to Zero initiative in recycling efforts and environmental sustainability.
- Partner with HR and finance on recruiting and hiring/workforce planning to reach desired staffing levels in order to achieve revenue and service goals.
- Excel in solving complex business decisions and leading teams through change.
- Create strong relationships and leadership development for Skier Service teams.
- Works as a member of the resort’s Senior Leadership Team to drive a high quality resort experience.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Experience as a leader of a multi-outlet function/business unit
- English proficiency.
- Strong leadership, diplomacy, communication and professionalism skills
- Proven track record of leadership growth, team and talent development.
- Strong learning agility; enjoys and excels in environments where he/she must seek and tackle new and increasingly sophisticated strategic business challenges.
- The ability to provide successful innovation and leadership throughout organizational change scenarios.
- High level of emotional intelligence and self-awareness.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Ability to partner with colleagues and operate at a senior leadership level.
- Competent Skiing/riding skills required.
- Ability to deal optimally with guests, company personnel and community and government stakeholders
- Experience as a Director
- PSIA/AASI or Teaching instructional certification with prior teaching and supervisory experience
- A broad base of knowledge in the ski industry our like recreational business.
- Experience working for Vail Resorts
- Experienced with Payroll/HR/POS software application/systems: PeopleSoft, RPOS, Microsoft Office, Tableau
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com