Website Sierra at Tahoe
Director of Snow Sports Schools
Department: Ski & Ride School
FLSA Status: Exempt
Pay Status: Salary
Benefit Status: Full Benefits
Be a part of the legacy as we re-envision the future of Sierra at Tahoe while continuing to be the “Place to Play-gress” in Lake Tahoe. Oversee the day-to-day operations of Ski & Ride School operations, including training of staff, guest service, labor control and profit centers, including the Adult Learn to Ride center, the Wild Mountain Children’s Center, and Competition Services departments.
- Hires, motivates, evaluates, and directs staff to ensure adequate guidance and resources to accomplish established goals and objectives. Ensures that all employees receive the training, support, guidance, feedback and resources necessary.
- Directs the establishment of departmental standards, guidelines, objectives, and operations plans and maintains other administrative processes such as budgeting and staffing to ensure proper planning, efficient operation of departments and successful achievement of resort goals.
- Maintains and enhances the guest focused culture in all areas of responsibility.
- Maintains schedules in compliance with regulations and authorities having jurisdiction; manages responsibilities in compliance with resort safety policies.
- Maintains current status on legal issues and technological advances, which impact the industry; maintains awareness of scope and progress of competition.
- Effective communication skills with all levels of employees, guests and all other outside contacts.
- Ability to delegate responsibility, motivate and lead direct reports to achieve goals and objectives.
- Familiarity with state and federal environmental standards and OSHA regulations.
- Understanding of and compliance with corporate and resort specific policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Management of Ski & Ride School, Wild Mountain Children’s Center & Daycare, Learn to Ride center, and Competition Services. This includes but is not limited to staffing, budgeting, sales and marketing responsibilities as outlined below.
- Work closely with Wild Mountain and Adult program staff on sales.
- Collaborates with human resources on domestic and international recruiting efforts, including H2B visa and J1 visa programs.
- Creation and pricing of all Ski School lesson programs with the approval of the General Manager. Work closely with the Marketing Department on the promotion of approved programs.
- Oversee the inventory and maintenance of all equipment and uniforms necessary to maintain the standards set forth by the resort.
- Work closely with all managers in an effort to maintain and improve resort’s quality of experience for its guests.
- Actively promote safe skiing/snowboarding by educating the staff and public as to the “Responsibility Code” and common-sense rules of skiing/snowboarding.
- Contribute to team effort by participating in Job Sharing, assuming responsibility for the cleanliness of the resort and safety of guests and employees; participating in safety meetings; accepting diverse assignments; maintain a positive and friendly attitude and demeanor in all internal and external interactions.
- Meet service level objectives and department goals as set forth by immediate supervisor.
- Maintain, update, and execute operations plans.
RESPONSIBILITIES TO SAFETY:
- Protect the safety of self, co-workers, and Sierra-at-Tahoe guests at all times.
- Report any potentially harmful equipment or situations to the immediate supervisor without delay.
- Report safety-related accidents and incidents at once to immediate supervisor.
- Follow all company and department safety policies and procedures.
- Operate equipment in a safe manner that will not lead to injury of yourself or others.
- Drive in accordance with the law and Sierra-at-Tahoe policies.
Manages four plus subordinate managers/supervisors who supervise employees in the Adult Ski & Ride Department, Wild Mountain Children’s Center, Daycare, Competition Services. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Full PSIA Certification desired, Resort Certification for any used equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and ski or snowboard at an intermediate or above skill level. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Apply here: www.sierraattahoe.com/employment and click on the “job openings” link.
NOTE: Sierra-at-Tahoe is an EOE and Drug-Free Workplace. This job description shall not be construed as a contract for employment. Must be at least 18 years of age. A post offer background check is required.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org