Website White Pine Ski Resort
Equipment Rental Manager
Location: White Pine Ski & Summer Resort. Pinedale, Wyoming
Type: Winter Season. Part Time Position (Friday-Monday). Christmas Break: (Every Day- December 17th-January 3rd).
Job Description: White Pine Resort is looking for hardworking team players who enjoy the outdoors and are interested in the perks that working at a ski resort bring! Just 90 minutes Southeast of Jackson Hole in the Wind River Mountain Range. Our Rental Manager will have an outgoing personality and be able to work closely with the public while maintaining a high level of professionalism. Don’t miss out on this fun opportunity!
Pay Scale: Hourly Pay Based on Experience.
Reports To: General Manager
Housing: Possible Affordable Housing. TBD.
- High School Degree, GED, or Equivalent Experience preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have reliable winter transportation.
- Must be able to lift and/or carry weight up to 50 lbs.
- Rental Specific Training and Certificates or Equivalent Experience preferred.
- Experience in Supervisory/Leadership Training or Equivalent preferred.
- 2 years of rental experience and 1 year of general management experience or 3-4 years of general management experience preferred.
- Experience in Computer Systems & POS Systems preferred.
- Experience in Guest Service and Public Relations preferred.
- Must work well with others.
- All candidates must pass a pre-employment background check.
Responsibilities (Including but not limited to):
- Responsible for Ski and Snowboard Rental Operations.
- Work with rental guests and provide an exceptional & efficient rental experience.
- Assure Guest Satisfaction.
- Possess and maintain a high level of responsibility and reliability.
- Coordinating and evaluating rental shop activities.
- Manage staff in a fast paced, ever-changing rental environment.
- Assumes the primary leadership role of the assigned shop operations including monitoring and training of technicians, rental staff administration, inventory control, management of facilities and equipment, and vendor relations.
- Must be willing and able to initiate and react appropriately to changes both suggested and implemented by Management.
- Maximize Equipment Rentals and revenue.
- Train staff in rental policies and procedures.
- Ensure equipment is in Rentable condition and complies with all ASTM testing requirements.
- Prepare and organize inventory for high volume times.
- Implement policies and procedures to ensure accuracy, accountability, and security of all rental assets.
- Train staff in guest service, teamwork, safety, equipment knowledge and liability compliance
- Communicate information to all rental staff to ensure knowledge of White Pine activities, events, and changes.
- Work directly with departments including, but not limited to, Ski School, Management, Ticket & Retail Sales, Scheduling and other Operations in order to create seamless guest satisfaction.
- Maintain Communication .and Encourage Team Play.
- Attend occasional meetings.
- Oversee SOPs to complete and track inventory of Ski and Snowboard equipment.
- Complies with all ASTM testing and tracking of skis.
- Enforce Employee Appearance guidelines based on WP Handbook Standards.
- Enforce and follow safety guidelines, policies, and procedures including all binding certifications for staff.
- Act as a positive and encouraging role model while maintaining and supporting company policies and procedures and ensuring enforcement as necessary.
Requirements (Including but not limited to):
- Knowledge of the ski/snowboard industry.
- Knowledge of rental operations and standard practice.
- Previous experience in ski/snowboard rental department.
- Knowledge of inventory stocking procedures.
- Basic math skills.
- Excellent communication skills, capable of building trusting relationships.
- Ability to perform level-headed in fast-paced (sometimes stressful) environments.
- Must be able to stand for entire shift.
- Must be able to speak English and enunciate clearly.
- Must speak/hear clearly over telephone.
- Constant customer and staff contact.
- Work evenings or early mornings, weekends, and holidays.
- The primary physical environment in which this position works is a mountain environment, sometimes out-of-doors, with a high exposure level to cold, snow, wind, rain, high altitude, etc.
Apply today at www.whitepinewyoming.com/employment.
All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment. Completed applications, accompanied with a resume if desired, can be emailed directly to the General Manager of White Pine Resort at .
White Pine Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer, operating under USFS Special Use Permit in the Bridger-Teton National Forest.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com