Website Adventurous Sports
Adventurous Sports is hiring Experienced Ski & Snowboard Instructors for the Endless Slope indoor deck. Payment is 20-$35/hour (based on certification & experience) for 3-5 shifts per week. Instructors teach private 30 and 60-minute lessons at the Sports Studio at 650 Florida St, SF. (PS: we need diversity in all things. Skiers & POC strongly encouraged to apply.)
- love teaching, inspiring and sharing your love of skiing & snowboarding
- can work independently at the Sports Studio and are super dependable & professional
- are PSIA ski or AASI board certified (or on your way)
- are committed to ramping your ski or snowboard skills so you can teach both
- part-time work of 3-5 shifts per week (9am-3pm or 3-9pm)
- one weekend shift weekly
Our instructors are fun, wise, highly experienced, wildly intelligent, and consistently charming. If that describes you, drop us a line – we’d love to meet you!
The Endless Slope instructional program provides accelerated results for students. Clients can be complete newbie snowboarders who can skip the usual bruises & frustration, hitting the snow with advanced beginner or intermediate skills; intermediate skiers & boarders looking to move beyond plateaus to consistent expert skills, or racers & long-time experts working on specific technical skills. Clients are all ages: most are adults 25-45, although we start lessons at age 3 and get a fair amount of families.
Instructor benefits include:
- $20-$35/hour depending on DOE & certification ($35=level III cert., $30=level II cert., $25=level I cert., etc.) and client loyalty (high-request Instructors are paid 1 level above their certification pay grades)
- $300 annually toward your season pass
- practice and conditioning time on the Endless Slope
- friends & family discounted lesson rates
- rewarding & grateful repeat clients; students take 5-12 lessons in a season
As an Endless Slope Instructor, you have the best of both worlds: you get paid training on our proven methodology for superb customer success and you’ll also apply your own unique style, expertise and inspired innovation to our Ski & Snowboard curriculum.
- Paid training on the ski deck, curriculum, operations and client hospitality.
Interested candidates please respond with:
- Your own skiing/boarding background
- Years of on-snow teaching experience and the kinds of students you’ve taught
- Teaching experience in other sports or areas (sports coach, adult classroom, camps, etc)
- Your teaching philosophy and why you like teaching
- Your schedule availability
The San Francisco Endless Slope school began 15 years ago at Adventurous Sports. There are less than 10 other professional teaching ski decks in the country. We deliver tremendous results and have a high demand throughout the Bay Area. The Endless Slope “busy season” goes from October through April. (In summer, we teach skiing as part of our Youth STEM Camps; 30-40 hr week roles are available there as well.)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com