Website Bromley Mountain Ski Resort
Instructor (Ski or Snowboard)
Apply online at www.bromley.com/employment
Deadline: Rolling deadline
Location: Bromley Mountain Ski Resort (Ski Bromley, LLC)
Title / Position: Instructor, Ski & Snowboard School
Position type: Seasonal, Full-time & Part-time; Hourly, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Director, Asst. Director, and Supervisor of Snowsports
Get paid to ski and ride with us! Bromley is looking for highly motivated individuals to teach our guests how to ski and snowboard. No prior instructor experience necessary – we provide paid clinics so you can learn to teach skiing or snowboarding – we just need you to know how to ski or ride at an intermediate level . We offer programs to adults & kids, private lessons, groups, afterschool sessions, and everything in between – you can instruct in all or only some of those areas. We will work with you at utilizing your strengths on the mountain.
Summary: Primary role is to provide on-mountain instruction to guests learning to ski or snowboard. May accomplish this role through one or several products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote the Snowsports School environment of Safety, Fun and Learning
- Teach children and/or adults to ski or snowboard
- Implements all teaching methods developed by Bromley Mountain Resort
- Follows all rules and regulations of the Bromley Ski and Snowboard School
- Promotes Bromley and skiing/snowboarding whenever possible
- Attend both on-snow and off-snow clinics for professional improvement
- Responsible for safety of students
- Perform other duties as required by management
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 18 yrs of age.
- Works a minimum of 5 days per week
- Works a fixed schedule with typical days off midweek
- Is first to be utilized for teaching all available lessons
- Minimum 16 yrs of age.
- Works a limited schedule of 1-3 days per week; mainly Saturday, Sunday & Holidays
- Is available for work a minimum of 28 (specific) days per season
- At a minimum, attends one early season paid training clinic
Qualifications and Competencies:
- No prior instruction experience necessary, although preferred
- Maintain a caring and sensitive attitude towards guest
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible in response to changing class assignments and working in a fast paced environment
- Have the mental capacity and awareness to care for the physical, social and psychological needs of 1 to 10 individuals.
- Ability to work in all types of winter weather for extended periods
- Ability to ski or snowboard at an intermediate level in any type of snow conditions
- Punctual and prepared to perform work duties on time
- Physically fit to ski or snowboard for 4 to 6 hours each day
- Must maintain personal appearance in accordance with Bromley standards
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates primarily outdoors, on snow, during the winter season.
This is a physically active role requiring several hours of standing and working outdoors; on and off snow. Occasionally indoors using computers and phones as well.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com