Website Whitefish Mountain Resort
Job Title – Kids Center Manager
Location – Whitefish Mountain Resort – Whitefish, Montana
Type of Job – Full Time Seasonal
Salary – $1,600 biweekly salary
Job Description –
- Maintain the kid’s center as a fun and safe environment, and supervise children’s activities.
- Maintain the health and well-being of children and infants in the kid’s center.
- Develop and implement systems and processes to establish and maintain records for the operation, including any special instructions regarding children, their possessions and equipment.
- Oversee all facets of the Kids Center, acknowledging and following the criteria set for day care operations according to County and State regulations, US Forest Service Guidelines, as well as insurance company requirements. Examples include: evacuation plan, sanitary measures, posted information regarding hazardous materials, poison control, choking, etc
- Oversee and provide assistance in the orientation of parents enrolling children.
- Work closely with other departments to provide a seamless smooth process for parents wishing to enroll children in day care as well as lessons and/or rentals.
- Oversee the food service portion of the Kids Center, including ordering lunches, and food for snacks.
- Must be able to process all transactions related to childcare, punch cards, group and private lesson sales, lift ticket sales, and use of Customer Manager.
- Responsible for management of RTP/POS as it relates to Kids Center. Reconcile daily sales, cash and receipts and make corrections as needed in end of day deposits.
- Must be proficient in daily POS procedures including Closing and Cash Handling in accordance with WSI policy. Utilize Snow Sports Sales Coordinator as resource when needed.
- Provide Human Resources with the information they need to screen potential employees and hire as child care providers.
- Supervise the daily scheduling and work activities of the child care providers. Schedule breaks during daily shifts at slower times; encourage ski breaks as it makes sense for staffing needed.
- Work with Ski & Ride School Managers and Leads to provide childcare staff, when appropriate, to assist on-snow with lessons.
- Train and inform staff of all policies and procedures. Provide necessary discipline and guidance in execution of those procedures.
- Conduct team meetings for the purpose of informing and motivating the team to work in the best interests of both our guests and WSI.
- Set work standards for staff employees and complete evaluations of their work performance based on those standards.
- Assist in creating and managing according to operational budgets for the department.
- Work with Snow Sports Mgmt and Marketing for collateral needs (web descriptions, etc)
- Work with Snow Sports Mgmt to develop staffing structure and departmental handbook.
- Coordinate with Facility Maintenance staff to maintain facility in good repair and operation.
- Work with Snow Sports Mgmt, Guest Services/SS Sales Mgmt and Accounting on reporting, tracking and analyzing operational data; help determine appropriate response to those findings.
- Participate in development, implementation and maintenance of policies, objectives and short and long term planning.
- Be able to work within the policies and procedures of Winter Sports, Inc.
Experience Required –
- Previous child care supervisory experience, directly related to the duties and responsibilities of caring for children and infants, preferable.
- General understanding of snow sports development and lesson progressions required.
- Child/Junior ski/snowboard instruction experience preferred.
- Skills required: Ability to work closely with parents and children and infants in a high stress area.
- Experience preferred in accountability for personnel policies/management, and company accounting practices.
- Computer experience – (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet required and RTP preferred)
- CPR/First Aid certified – (current or completed within one month of employment)
- Acceptable information regarding criminal history background. (Post offer – Pre hire)
Education Required – N/A
Application Deadline – N/A
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.