Website 49° North Mountain Resort
49° North is seeking an individual for our Marketing Department. Applicants should be outgoing, professional, and self-motivated, with a strong background in Marketing and Communications. Recreation and/or Destination Marketing experience is a plus. Candidates should possess good skiing or snowboarding skills and a passion for winter sports. Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and follow-through are a must.
Qualifications include experience in digital and social media, good public speaking skills, and strong organizational abilities. Applicants should be effective communicators, with very excellent writing skills. Experience in traditional broadcast media is preferred but not necessary. Web content/website management experience is a plus.
Duties include, but not limited to: Brand messaging, content creation, guest and staff communications, internal and external advertising, coordination and collaboration with external marketing firms, daily snow reporting, event coordination, and interdepartmental support.
30-50 hours a week. Compensation DOE.
Supervisor: Director of Skier & Rider Services
Position Summary: Daily content creation and guest communications, internal and external advertising and content creation and execution. Daily snow report update, event coordination and interdepartmental support.
- Employees Supervisor: Director of Skier & Rider Services
- Employee Supervised: None
- Inter-Relationships: Work closely with Management and Department Supervisors to execute resort media, events, and advertising.
Daily / Weekly Duties and Responsibilities
- Snow Reporting: Daily coordination with early morning snow reporter and executing full snow report schedule, including regular updates throughout the day as needed per weather and operation updates as well as daily snow report email, printing reports and radio reports.
- Website: Keep website up to date with current media, pricing, department information, sales, events, and promotions.
- Public Relations: Daily communications via website and social media for media outlets (Twitter.) Writing and sending press releases as needed.
- Events: Develop creative content for events and in-house marketing campaigns. Work with other departments to plan, organize, and manage events. Work with all departments to communicate event needs and resort wide impacts.
- Social Media: Develop content for engaging social media for all types of message needs. Develop and implement strategies to increase engagement, increase sales and implement strong guest communications. Track weekly social media engagement, increase and additional information.
- Email: Write, source photo and graphic content and send weekly newsletters, employee newsletters, sales eblasts and press releases.
- Interdepartmental Communication: Ensure that all departments are aware of the details of promotions, snow conditions, and events. Create content/signs/forms and order necessary signage and content for each department.
- Monitor and address customer reviews on social media and Google business suite.
- Additional duties as assigned or requested by departments.
Monthly Duties and Responsibilities
- Website: Plan and execute website updating and coordinate with sales/administration/CFO on ecommerce needs. Update department information on pricing, schedules and guest planning.
- Public Relations: Communicate with broadcast media for special events, promotions, campaigns.
Primetimer Group coordination and management.
- Coordinate and plan with Advertising Agency on campaign messaging, budget and all creative needs.
Seasonal Duties and Responsibilities
- Season Pass Sale: Work with senior staff on campaign budgets, timeline, messaging and creative. Work with Advertising Agency to plan and budget sale run. Plan, produce and execute Season Pass sale campaigns.
- Brochure/Trail map Production: work with management to revise brochures, trail maps and any additional printed material. Source and order necessary printing materials.
- Work with management to prepare budgets and messaging for all media campaigns.
- Create and coordinate on-mountain promotions including Mega Monday, Twofer Tuesday, Night Skiing and Spring Week.
- Certification Required: 4-year college degree is preferred.
- Experience: Applicants should be outgoing and professional with good skiing or snowboarding skills and a passion for winter sports. Applicants should have a proven track record demonstrating attention to detail and follow-through. Qualifications include experience or training in digital media, photography/videography, graphic design and web content, strong communication skills, good organizational abilities and a self-motivator. Applicants should be excellent writers. Experience or training in content creation, social media and digital management preferred but not required.
- Other Requirements: Ability to relate in a positive manner to guests, co-workers, and supervisors. Flexibility in schedule due to seasonal nature of the job. Ability to problem solve and provide solution oriented suggestions. Knowledge of resort offerings and guest services.
- Frequent lifting of items 40 Lbs. or more
- Occasional exposure to cold temperatures
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time
- Always responds to guests’ needs
- Seek ways to improve guest service.
- Take pride in knowing that 49 North is a quality ski resort–The most affordable, friendly, family ski area in the region.
To apply contact:
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com