Website Bolton Valley
Mountain Sports Director
Job Type: Year Round, Full-Time, Salaried position
Location: Bolton Valley, Vermont
Description: The Mountain Sports Director oversees all management of Ski and Ride School, the Nordic Program, the Race Department, Terrain Parks, Summer Camps/Programming, Summer Mountain Bike School, and any other forms programming at Bolton Valley, while promoting outdoor recreation by providing top-quality lessons and activities in a fun learning environment.
- Ultimately responsible for approximately 125 employees in the five departments, including hiring, firing and disciplinary decisions
- Design lesson packages and pricing that fits the needs of the clientele of Bolton Valley.
- Design a budget and oversee the finances of the department
- Run several programs including After School Program, Home School Program, Kid’s Vacation Camp, Burton CHILL, Summer Camps, Babe Force, Catamount Ski Cubs, and all other new programs
- Interview and hires all seasonal personnel
- Coordinate and conduct training sessions for both new and returning instructors, and support them on the slopes throughout the season
- Schedule employees according to anticipated customer needs
- Work with Supervisors in striving for the overall harmony and cohesiveness of the entire Ski/Snowboard Program
- Encourage the professional development of instructors through in-house clinics and PSIA and AASI events.
- Teach lessons when needed
- New hire paperwork and onboarding
- Exit evaluations and rehire recommendations
- Provide support to all Programming Departments as needed
- Participate as part of the Retail Buying Leadership team
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- 4 year College Degree
- Level III PSIA/AASI
- 3-5 Years of managerial experience
- 3-5 Years of ski resort experience
- Excellent organizational, supervisory and customer service skills
- Knowledge of PSIA-AASI certification process
- Competent computer skills
- Ability to work well with staff, other departments, and the public
- Ability to ski or snowboard safely and confidently in varying conditions and types of terrain at all times.
- Ability to mountain bike safely and confidently in varying condition and types of terrain at all times.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com