Website Killington Resort
Mountain Sports Manager
Location: Killington, Vermont
Job Status: Full-Time, Year-round
Salary and Benefits:
- Compensation: Salary, adjusted based on experience.
- Benefits: Full-time, year-round, benefitted position including:
- Optional company subsidized medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account, employer paid short term disability & long-term disability offerings
- 401(k) retirement plan (with company match up to 5%)
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off, holiday and sick pay
- Free season pass for employee/dependents
- Privileges at several other resorts
- Several discount programs (i.e. food & beverage, retail/rental, friends & family tickets, etc.)
Oversee all aspects of the Children’s Snow Sports School, Mountain Bike School, and all pertinent programs and efforts for winter & summer school operations. Supervise the instructors and program participants. Establish a long-term vision for the Snow Sports School and Bike School programs. Manage day-to-day operations in conjunction with the Snow Sports School Director/Summer Operations Director and Leadership Team, including but not limited to scheduling, payroll processing, tickets and reservations, safety training, lesson allocation, hiring, budgeting, strategic planning, instructor supervision, and parent and guest relations. Organize indoor activities as well as outdoor lessons, monitor the check-in and out procedure, implement innovative changes to improve the overall convenience and quality of the program, and communicate with staff and parents regarding program updates.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and essential functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Plan, supervise, coordinate, monitor, and evaluate the daily operations of the Children’s Snow Sports School & Bike School.
- Oversee, direct, and guide training operations and efforts for bike school & snow sports school.
- Exercise full supervisory authority over 40 to 225 part-time and full-time instructors. Plan and conduct staff meetings and training programs, including clinics and individual instruction in teaching sports. Administer performance reviews. Confer regularly with staff to plan, assign work, coordinate activities, and resolve problems. Plan work schedules. Mange safety meeting information and reports.
- Prepare daily class assignments involving scheduling instructors according to student snow sports levels during snow sports off and on-hill instruction.
- Periodically oversee daily line ups.
- Monitor on-hill instruction on a regular basis.
- Monitor conditions and grooming or maintenance needs.
- Prepare a variety of administrative/operations records and reports, including incident/accident reports.
- Confer regularly with Director and other company personnel to plan, coordinate, and evaluate services/activities, exchange information, resolve problems, and so forth.
- Deal regularly with customers, including current and potential students, and parents of students in children’s programs, provide information on snow sports school programs, assess progress, advise in further instructions.
- Participate in a variety of special events, such as race programs, promotional activities, and so forth.
- Keep abreast of new developments in the field.
- Provide superior service to our customers (internal and external) at all times.
- Follow the Resort Etiquette Guidelines while interacting with the guests and respond to all guests in a courteous, efficient manner.
- Collaborate on needs for a Snow Sports School training platform that includes an internal training/clinic calendar, PSIA/AASI certification event calendar, PSIA/AASI training materials, certification standards, and supplemental reference materials.
- Input on development and implementation of a comprehensive season long PSIA/AASI certification prep program.
- Oversee Killington/Pico Resort and Snow Sports School safety programs, including presentation, posting of, and tracking of initiatives and staff compliance.
- Assist the Snow Sports School Director in tracking budgeted goals and profit/loss statements.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, plus 2 – 4 years of relevant experience in Snow Sports instruction and/or coaching,
- A combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and Snow Sports skills are acquired.
- Excellent skiing/snowboarding, mountain biking, and technical knowledge in the field.
- Supervisory/management training or experience required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Good planning, administrative, and supervisory skills.
- Ability to instruct others how to teach.
- Ability to evaluate student levels and potential.
- Ability to deal effectively with customers and parents, as well as other company personnel/departments.
It is the policy of Killington/Pico Ski Resort Partners, LLC to provide equal opportunity and employment to all staff and applicants. No person shall be discriminated against in any condition of employment because of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, place of birth, age, physical or mental condition, or any qualified individual with a disability or veteran status.
Work where you play – Apply now!
To be considered for this position, please submit an online application at https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1203501&d=Killington#https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1203501&d=Killington&r=5000957749606#/
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.