Website Sierra at Tahoe
Non-Certified Ski/Ride Instructor
Full-time and Part-time positions available for non-certified Children’s and Adult instructors are available for the 2022/23 Winter season!
Dont let the title of this position scare you away! We receive tons of questions every year from applicants on how they can become an instructor. If you have ever wanted to spend your season truly enjoying Sierra at Tahoe, honing your skills, meeting, and working with people from all around the world, this is the position for you! Typically, a non-certified instructor is an intermediate-level skier, someone who wants to develop his or her skiing or riding abilities throughout the season. They are someone who loves to meet new people and share their passion for the mountain lifestyle and the outdoors.
Our Snow College new-hire training and development program will give you the tools you need to develop your technical and teaching skills as a skier or rider on the mountain. We will develop your people skills in delivering a safe and fun lesson. By January of your first season, you will have the applied skills to test into PSIA-AASI Level 1 Certification.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Upholding the highest levels of guest safety on varied challenging terrain with constantly changing winter weather conditions.
- Clearly and accurately instructing assigned levels of skiing or snowboarding to students, both physically and verbally.
- Ensuring that students are matched to appropriate skier/snowboarding skill level and working with supervisors/managers to make appropriate changes when necessary.
- Assisting guests with transportation of equipment.
- Assisting guests to load and unload the chairlift.
- Communicating instructions and helping guests to their feet during a lesson; lifting children by the vest (if applicable).
- Always supervise students; assisting at lunch and snack times; ensuring return of children to identified guardian.
- Assisting in operational responsibilities of Snowsports programs including but not limited to registration process, directing guests to appropriate equipment-fitting source, upkeep of outdoor teaching areas, and cleanliness of facilities.
- Contribute to team effort by participating in Job Sharing, assuming responsibility for the cleanliness of the resort and safety of guests and employees; participating in safety meetings; accepting diverse assignments; maintain a positive and friendly attitude and demeanor in all internal and external interactions.
- High School or Equivalent Education – required.
- Attend Snow College at Sierra-At-Tahoe training sessions- provided.
- Basic knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and browser applications; basic Internet navigation required.
- Must be fluent in all aspects of the English language (spoken and written)- required.
- Must have excellent guest service skills- required.
- Must have excellent communication skills- required.
- Must work well in a team environment – required.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather in an alpine environment- required.
- Must have sight, speech, and hearing abilities sufficient to learn skills, follow and provide directions- required.
- Must be available to work holidays and weekends- required.
- Experience working with guests of all ages – preferred.
- Previous experience with teaching/coaching/mentoring – preferred
- Previous experience with teaching/coaching/mentoring children – preferred.
Please Note: All Instructor applicants must provide two (2) letters of reference and submit a resume to be considered for a position. Letters of reference should pertain to the applicant’s previous experience with teaching/coaching/mentoring, whenever possible. Sierra at Tahoe will also conduct reference checks for all candidates being considered for employment and a criminal background check for all candidates who have been offered a position in our Ski & Ride School.
Apply here: Employment (sierraattahoe.com)
To apply for this job please visit www.sierraattahoe.com.