Website Kirkwood Mountain Resort
Nordic Center Attendant – Winter Seasonal, Kirkwood
Location: Kirkwood Mountain Resort – Kirkwood Cross Country Ski & Snowshoe Center
Type of Job (full-time or part-time): Full-time & Part-time positions available
Salary and Benefits: $20+ / hour (depending on certification & experience)
- Starting Wage: As of October 2022, all minimum wages will be $20 an hour.
- Shift Availability: Full & Part Time
Challenge yourself: Take your skills and love of Nordic skiing and/or snowshoeing to new heights by joining the Kirkwood Cross Country Ski & Snowshoe Center. Here, you will be part of a team passionate about sharing classic and skate skiing, snowshoeing, and even fat bike cycling with individuals and groups new to these sports or those looking to improve their skills! Expand on your current ability level and help others fall in love with the Nordic environment while accessing some of the most beautiful, unique and diverse terrain Tahoe has to offer!
The Nordic Center attendant will be responsible for assisting with daily operations of the Cross Country Center including but not limited to: trail pass and retail sales, equipment rentals, skill and technique demonstration, trail monitoring and facility upkeep all while maintaining a friendly, relaxed atmosphere and delivering outstanding guest service to each of our guests.
- Providing exceptional guest service at all times for both internal and external guests to create the safest and most enjoyable experience possible.
- Protecting the safety of self, co-workers, and guests at all times by following all company and department safety policies and procedures.
- Providing guests with information about the Cross Country Center trail system and offerings, as well as other resort information (directions, prices, etc.).
- Performing all rental and retail duties, including opening and closing procedures, running reports, locating and processing customer information, and fitting rental equipment.
- Providing guests with instruction on cross country ski, snowshoe and fat bike technique in private or group settings in accordance with resort methodology.
- Exhibiting the ability to demonstrate and communicate proper ski and snowshoe technique while maintaining a fun and safe atmosphere during lessons and guided tours.
- Monitoring telephone and email communications and responding to guest requests in a timely, courteous, and professional manner.
- Conducting equipment, trail, and facility maintenance as needed (including cleaning and waxing skis, assisting with snow removal, etc.).
- Exhibiting punctuality and time management skills while completing assigned tasks including reliably clocking in and out for shifts and breaks.
- Maintaining a commitment to learning and improvement by evaluating personal performance and accepting feedback from crew members and leadership.
- Reporting any potentially harmful equipment or situations as well as accidents or incidents to the immediate leadership without delay.
- Contributing to team effort by participating in Job Sharing, accepting diverse assignments, and maintaining a positive and friendly attitude and demeanor in all internal and external interactions.
- Assuming responsibility for the cleanliness of the Cross Country Center, the safety of self, guests and employees, and participating in all safety and service meetings.
- Meeting service level objectives and department goals as set forth by the leadership.
- Maintaining flexible work hours (short days, ride breaks, etc.) with the ability to respond to changes in the work environment (weather, on site events, etc.).
- Assisting the Cross Country Center Supervisor and Business Manager with coordination and administrative duties as needed.
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent education.
- Must have excellent guest service and interpersonal skills.
- Must be fluent in all aspects of the English language (spoken and written).
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to carry out oral and written instructions, requesting clarification when needed.
- Must have basic knowledge of diagonal stride and skate skiing, word processing and spreadsheet programs, and internet navigation.
- Must have on snow experience with snowshoe, diagonal stride, and skate ski equipment.
- Must be available to work holidays and weekends.
- Must be able to develop and maintain effective working relationships and perform well in a team.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather in a high alpine environment.
- Must be able to lift, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and reach frequently.
- Experience competing, working or recreating in the field of cross country skiing and /snowshoeing.
- Experience working with guests of all ages in the guest service industry.
- Knowledge of the local area and resort.
- Experience teaching, coaching, or mentoring.
What’s in it for you?
- Free EPIC Pass to all of our resorts
- Discounted coupons for friends and family
- Shuttle bus from S. Lake Tahoe to Kirkwood
- Discount with select industry manufactures
- Discounted lodging at our Rock Resort Properties starting at $85/night
- 50% off Colorado Mountain Express transportation
- Food and beverage discounts at mountain dining locations
- Retail discounts at Vail Resorts Retail stores
- 10-25% off at our Starbucks locations
- Unique events! Including concerts, employee meals, employee activities, pro competitions!
- On site medical clinic with benefits for employees
- Job Share opportunities to work more hours if needed
- Carpool Incentive program
- Business Manager: Cara Bourne at .
- Submit applications here: https://jobs.vailresortscareers.com/kirkwood/go/Kirkwood-Jobs/3529900/
Application Deadline: January 31, 2023
To apply for this job please visit jobs.vailresortscareers.com.