Website Inside Ski Training Center
Inside Ski Training Center Part-Time Instructor
The Inside Ski Training Center (ISTC) Instructor is responsible for the guest’s experience and safety. This position will report to the ISTC Director, Assistant Director, and the owners of Pro-Fit Ski & Mountain Sports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for private lessons, and groups of up to 3 children or adults, teaching them the fundamentals of skiing and/or snowboarding while adhering to safety standards of ISTC.
- Teach fun and informative lessons to beginners up to advanced intermediate skiers and/or riders.
- Coordinate and schedule lessons for children and adult group and private sessions, as well as special events, conditioning, and training sessions.
- Process customer payments.
- Act as a role model for exceptional customer service by interacting with guests to listen to their needs, suggestions and resolve complaints.
- Participate in industry events and continue active involvement with professional organizations (PSIA / AASI / SIA / NSAA).
- Maintain knowledge of industry and safety regulations and emergency procedures.
- Must be able to accurately assess the abilities and capabilities of each student, personalizing each lesson.
- Working knowledge of Ski Resort and Hospitality operations.
- Must possess marketing and sales communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to speak fluent English.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 1-year experience as a part- or full-time instructor in a resort environment required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- PSIA/AASI Level I Certification or higher
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Optimum physical fitness required to actively participate / train in the ISTC and train guests.
- Frequent skiing/boarding on an indoor ski simulator, carrying of objects up to 50lbs, reaching/maneuvering/positioning oneself to perform assigned tasks.
- Constant moving about ISTC and performing majority of job duties for extended periods of time.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays required and willingness to flex up work hours (based on business need).
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Email resume to:
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com