Website White Pine Ski REsort
Professional Ski Patrol
Location: White Pine Ski & Summer Resort. Pinedale, Wyoming
Type: Winter Season. Part Time Position (Friday-Monday). Christmas Break: (Every Day- December 17th-January 3rd).
Job Description: White Pine Resort is looking for hardworking team players who enjoy the outdoors and are interested in the perks that working at a ski resort bring! Just 90 minutes Southeast of Jackson Hole in the Wind River Mountain Range. Ski Patrol Candidates display a high level of professionalism and bedside manner while making our guest feel comfortable and secure. Don’t miss out on this fun opportunity!
Pay Scale: Hourly Pay Based on Experience.
Reports To: Ski Patrol Director
Housing: Possible Affordable Housing. TBD.
- High School Degree, GED, or Equivalent Experience preferred but not required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have reliable winter transportation.
- Must be able to lift and/or carry weight from 50 lbs. and over.
- Previous patrolling experience, mountaineering, search & rescue, or experience within the medical field.
- Mountaineering skills with technical rope experience preferred.
- Industry experience as a ski instructor, lift operator, trail crew also preferred.
- Knowledge of White Pine Ski Area preferred but not required.
- Must possess and maintain a high level of responsibility and reliability.
- All candidates must pass a pre-employment background check.
Responsibilities (Including but not limited to):
- Provide for and ensure a safe Snowsports environment for our guests and fellow employees.
- Provide medical assistance and evacuation, skier safety, search and rescue support, trail efforts, lift evacuation, if necessary, duty station responsibilities, equipment maintenance, and other assigned duties.
- All Ski Patrol staff are responsible for keeping aid rooms and patrol dispatch areas clean and organized.
Requirements (Including but not limited to):
- Requires a high level of decision making.
- American Heart Association First Aid/CPR/AED, Wilderness First Responder (or similar Outdoor Emergency Care training) and strong alpine skiing/boarding skills are minimum requirements.
- Proficiently skiing in difficult conditions, working in cold and often inclement conditions, high elevations, carrying and transporting unwieldy materials such as tower pads, medical equipment, etc.
- Must not have any current physical limitations which would prevent you from carrying out the duties expected of a capable patroller.
- Must be able to hear and speak clearly to hear radio calls, skiers requesting assistance, and for communication to occur using radios and telephones.
Apply today at www.whitepinewyoming.com/employment
All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment. Completed applications, accompanied with a resume if desired, can be emailed directly to the General Manager of White Pine Resort at .
White Pine Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Operating under USFS Special Use Permit in the Bridger-Teton National Forest.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org