Website Mt. Bachelor Ski and Ride School
Ski and Ride School Instructors
- Delivering memorable experiences, enhancing people’s lives, and having fun while doing it. This shared mission of POWDR and Mt. Bachelor creates a fun and inspiring culture that we live every day. Our vision drives us to deliver exceptional guest experiences at all touchpoints, requiring our employees to be natural communicators, and problem solvers and have a passion for sharing mountain culture – all while having a positive attitude to support best day experiences. Mt. Bachelor strives to deliver Central Oregon’s most memorable outdoor adventures to locals and out-of-town visitors year-round. Mt. Bachelor’s 365 days of fun includes 4,323 acres of lift-accessible terrain for skiing and snowboarding, Woodward Mountain Park experiences, a world-class Nordic Center, tubing, summer, and fall Downhill Mountain Bike Park, Sun Country Tours whitewater rafting, Sunset Dinners, lift-served Sightseeing, and the Northwest’s highest Zipline.
- Position Summary: Professional, fun, energetic individual with good organization and communication skills able to teach skiing and snowboarding to children and adults. Due to the nature of our business, more children take lessons, therefore the applicant must enjoy working with children of all ages and abilities. PSIA or AASI certification or a background working with children is a plus. Must have a passion for snowsports and the mountain environment. Must be able to work outside in all conditions. Should be able to ski or snowboard at a beginner level and have their own equipment. The length of lessons ranges from 2-6.5 hours, and it is expected you can teach all day.
- Job offers are contingent on a background check, schedule availability, and on-snow training participation.
- Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Teach skiing or snowboarding to all ages of guests (from 3 years old to adult).
- Responsible for developing a logical lesson plan for guests to have a positive and successful learning experience
- Foster a ‘stoke’ for the sport through encouraging praise, high energy, and fun lessons
- Lessons must be professional and organized while following proper safety procedures
- While coaching children an instructor is responsible for their students at all times during the lesson including during lunch and breaks
- Must attend training sessions throughout the season to maintain department standards, improve teaching skills and develop personal skiing and snowboarding skills
- Should be available to work all holidays and weekends
- Must be able to remain outside in all conditions during lessons in proper equipment
- Instructors are responsible for end-of-lesson reporting including a verbal discussion with the guest or parents of the student and complete a digital report card.
Specific Job Skills:
- License/Certifications- PSIA, AASI certification a plus
Technical- Ability to ski/ride beginner terrain. A Child Development background is a plus.
Physical Capabilities- Has the ability to remain outside in all conditions for long periods of time. Must be physically capable of being on skis or a snowboard and wear ski or snowboard boots for the entire lesson.
Additional- Applicant must own their own equipment. Due to the sensitive nature of this position, a criminal background check will be conducted after the position is accepted. This background check will be done in accordance with standards enacted under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
How to Apply: Please apply for this position on our Careers Site, https://www.mtbachelor.com/culture/jobs/come-work-with-us
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org