Website Winter Park Resort
Ski and Ride School On-Snow Supervisor
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:
Who We Are: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver. Don’t be fooled by our convenient location, though… you’ll feel remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you!
Who We Are Looking For: Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep you coming back for more. Whether you are looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to play… Are you in?
Perks & Benefits: There’s more than a free season pass waiting for you! You don’t just get a job at Winter Park; you get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth, advancement & year-round employment! Don’t worry the uniforms are provided!
The On-Snow Supervisor is responsible for overseeing all operational aspects of all SRS groups programs in concert with the program manager (either adults or children’s program). Oversee major front-line tasks including lesson-assignment, on-snow operations, and performance evaluation. Works closely with their teammates and staff to achieve goals, meet operational standards, and offer excellent guest and employee experiences. Regularly works across departments within the School or Resort to ensure the highest quality lessons possible.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Directly implement all aspects of the Ski + Ride School Ski programs for relating to guest volume, lesson assignment, instructor scheduling, and guest satisfaction. On-snow supervisors focus primarily on one lineup (children’s or adults, ski or snowboard), but are cross-trained to be helpful and knowledgeable throughout the school if needed.
- Monitor digital lesson record for accuracy daily.
- Assist with protocol design and regularly implement all SRS procedures and standards. Coach staff as required.
- Bring innovative ideas to improve the overall success of the Ski + Ride School.
- Model a high level of professionalism for staff. Participate in an enjoyable and safe working environment.
- Coordinate with Guest Services, Rentals, Supervisors, and other staff to accommodate any operational challenges.
- Assist with guest relations and guest recovery associated with the group lessons program.
- Understand instructors’ goals and help them to reach milestones throughout the season.
- Oversee evaluations for direct and indirect reports on an ongoing basis. Be a leader of staff observations, recognition, empowerment, and engagement.
- Monitor and audit lessons for quality. Assist or coach staff to improve guest satisfaction. Recommend training if necessary.
- Adhere to and enforce all SRS & Resort policies and procedures. Perform disciplinary actions as required. Ensure all paperwork is completed in a timely manner.
- Delegate on-snow actions responsibly. Regularly assist and participate with any front-line operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- One-year supervisory experience or equivalent responsibility is required
- Minimum five years of experience as a Snowsports instructor preferred but not required
- Scheduling experience is preferred but not required.
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED)
- PSIA or AASI level I certification is required
- PSIA or AASI Level III or above preferred but not required
WAGE: The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of Winter Park Resorts hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many region-specific benefits. Hourly pay range: $25-$29.
The primary physical environment in which this position works is both indoors and outdoors, time spent outdoors will involve a high exposure level to cold, snow, wind, rain, bugs, sun, high altitude, extreme heights, lightning, etc…
- The degree of strenuous activity within the job is considered to be moderate to high.
- Some strenuous physical activity may include walking or hiking upon uneven, challenging terrain, operating a snowmobile, skiing, or riding.
- Exposure to:
- Ultraviolet radiation from the sun enhanced through lack of atmospheric filtration at work altitude.
- Fumes produced in activities ranging from cleaning to painting to fabrication of metal products.
- Noise generated by snowmobiles, lift equipment, and tools may require hearing protection to be worn.
- Chemicals required for cleaning, de-greasing, and painting.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors, and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer, common office equipment and maintenance hand tools on a regular basis.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile devices, and basic office equipment on as needed.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting, standing, walking, kneeling, pushing, and pulling.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, see, hear, and operate a computer and other office productivity machinery.
Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to harsh and varying outside weather conditions.
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the workplace is usually moderate.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment.
We do not discriminate against applicants or employees based on age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law.
Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Apply here: www.winterparkresort.com/employment or email
Application deadline: November 1, 2022
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com