Website Mt. Bachelor Gravity School
Ski and Ride School Sunrise Base Supervisor
Delivering memorable experiences, enhancing people’s lives, and having fun while doing it. This shared mission of POWDR and Mt. Bachelor creates a fun and inspiring culture that we live every day. Our vision drives us to deliver exceptional guest experiences at all touchpoints, requiring our employees to be natural communicators, and problem solvers and have a passion for sharing mountain culture – all while having a positive attitude to support best day experiences. Mt. Bachelor strives to deliver Central Oregon’s most memorable outdoor adventures to locals and out-of-town visitors year-round. Mt. Bachelor’s 365 days of fun includes 4,323 acres of lift-accessible terrain for skiing and snowboarding, Woodward Mountain Park experiences, a world-class Nordic Center, tubing, summer, and fall Downhill Mountain Bike Park, Sun Country Tours whitewater rafting, Sunset Dinners, lift-served Sightseeing, and the Northwest’s highest Zipline.
Position Summary: Ski and Ride School Supervisors are responsible for daily operations including scheduling, assigning lessons and completing and reviewing daily payroll. Supervisors work with Payroll and Sales as well as other departments to ensure proper lesson sales and organization. Additionally, they assist managers in program development and implementation, instructor discipline, training, on-boarding and separation procedures. Supervisors share responsibility with managers in the maintenance of all equipment. Ski and Ride School supervisors are expected to provide guidance and coaching to instructors on a regular basis.
The Sunrise Supervisor is primarily responsible for the Ski or Ride in 5 Program and 2 hour group lessons. Additionally, they are responsible for staffing the Lava Tube Magic Carpet and the Zone Coaches that float in the Start Park. It is expected that you develop a strong connection with the Sunrise Rental and Ticket teams as the Ski or Ride in 5 Program affects all of you.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Supervisors along with managers are responsible for running daily line-ups. Line- ups can consist of but is not limited to, teaching and non-teach instructor assignments, safety and guest service huddles, snow removal, training schedules and sharing pertinent mountain operation information.
- Understand the point of sale system and sell lessons and lift tickets as needed as well as fulfill all sales for the day.
- Review daily and weekly sales and schedule staff to specific programs as needed and alter program inventory.
- Enter proper hours for work completed. Administer payroll time card and activity entry.
- Assist and communicate with guests throughout the day. Handle all inquiries and complaints in a professional and competent manner.
- Provide direction and feedback to instructors as needed. Possibly through formal “check-ins” or on-snow review of lessons being taught. Maintain a high level of accessibility and visibility with employees
- Own the Zone – example: facilitate maintenance and upkeep of signage, grooming, and animation in ski and ride school meeting areas. Monitor grooming and uniform standards of instructors.
- Follow procedures regarding accident and incidents. Responsible for proper documentation.
- The supervisor should be in contact with other departments to ensure accurate information flow.
Sunrise Base Area Specifics
- Train staff on the use of the Woodward Start Park features and how to be a Zone Coach.
- Morning Prep – give direction to morning set up crew, defining fencing, surface lift operation and shoveling if needed. Run daily sales reports in RTP to determine group lesson line up specifics and within Flaik to see how many privates may be based out of the Sunrise base.
- Morning Meeting for instructors. Discuss safety and guest service topics as well as daily teaching tip. Assign coaches to specific 2 hour lesson line up and give expected group size numbers.
- Communicate with schools and organize coaches for the Snow Sport Discovery.
- Meet and Greet guests. Complete a verbal ability assessment and direct guest to their meting location.
- Scan classes into Flaik and help transfer students between coaches to find the right lesson fit.
- Follow up with Magic Carpet Operators and initiate break rotations.
- Update Flaik with staff hours and any class list swaps from throughout the day.
- Prep for next day – Finalize staffing for the next day and call off or bring in staff as needed. Assign paid tasks on Flaik and create daily lineup sheet for the next day. Confirm Tear Down of the pen including all fences and the magic carpet is turned of. Update Admin notes for the next day’s paid tasks.
- Review Flaik Timekeeping to determine if any pay disputes popped up before leaving for the day and Supervisor Approve.
Experience Required: Minimum time in related position– At least 1 year of ski instruction, prefer 1 year ski and ride school supervisory experience.
Specific Job Skills:
- License/Certifications– PSIA/AASI Level I preferred
- Technical– Child Development background a plus. Computer knowledge (Microsoft Office required; RTP Point of Sale and ADP knowledge a plus). Able to ski or ride at an intermediate level.
- Physical Capabilities– Able to work outside in all weather conditions. Must be physically capable of being on skis or a snowboard and wear ski or snowboard boots for the entire day. Able to lift up to 50 pounds, i.e. small children and assist adults.
- Additional– Must be extremely patient with a high level of organizational skill. Able to work overtime during our busiest holidays and weekends. Due to the sensitive nature of this position, a criminal background check will be conducted after position is accepted and results will determine the conditional job offer. This background check will be done in accordance with standards enacted under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Education Required: Minimum education required– High School Diploma or equivalent.
How to Apply: Please apply for this position on our Careers Site, https://www.mtbachelor.com/culture/jobs/come-work-with-us
Application Deadline: Open until Filled
To apply for this job please visit www.mtbachelor.com.