Website Sun Valley Snowsports
Ski and Snowboard Instructor
The Ski and Snowboard Instructor will be a professional ski or snowboard instructor and representative. Works as an interdependent team member dedicated to creating the best possible environment for taking and teaching a ski or snowboard lesson. Works with students, guests, and other employees, fulfilling the guest service orientation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Upholding the highest levels of safety in varying conditions
- Instruct group and private lessons of varying ability levels, as assigned.
- Greets and assists guests in a friendly, helpful, and respectful manner.
- Adapt lessons to meet individual student needs and lesson objectives.
- Prioritize health and safety for yourself and our guests.
- Work collaboratively with supervisors, fellow instructors and mountain operations staff.
- Independently lead groups of students.
- Act as an ambassador for Sun Valley by creating a welcoming environment, anticipating guests’ needs and offering solution-oriented support.
- Communicate professionally with guests, instructors and the snow sports leadership team.
- Attend and participate in SnowSports team meetings as required.
- A passion for snow sports, the mountain lifestyle and sharing with guests.
- Interpersonal and communication skills that contribute to a positive environment and build relationships based on trust.
- Able to ski and/or ride at least at an intermediate level for the duration of a lesson (up to 7 hours per day).
- Willingness to learn new skills and adapt to the changing demands of the work environment.
- Availability to work weekends and holidays throughout the season.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Experience teaching and/or supervising children (preferred).
- Level 1 PSIA Certification, or foreign equivalent (preferred).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org