Website Sunday River
Ski and Snowboard Instructors
The Sunday River SnowSports School team members are enthusiastic, ambitious, thrive in the outdoors, love the mountain lifestyle, have a positive “get ‘er done attitude” and are passionate about skiing and snowboarding. If that sounds like you, we want you on our team! We have fun, love what we do, work together as a team and use every guest interaction as an opportunity to create lifelong skiers and snowboarders. Come join us this winter!
Full-time, part-time and temporary positions are available for both ski and snowboard coaches in our Children’s and Adult Programs. Team members must be available to work on specified days during the busiest times of the season, which include weekends and holidays.
Core Responsibilities for the Snow Sports School Instructor:
- Advocate of Safety – Team members are expected to promote and act as a role model of the responsibility code, Park Etiquette and Education Program, and Sunday River’s safety policies.
- Commitment to Exceptional Guest Service – Team members are expected to provide all guests with a caring and inspirational guided snow sport experience that includes safety, fun and learning as the foundation. The SnowSports School instructors will be responsible for our guests’ lesson experience, including but not limited to, welcoming guests in meeting areas, fitting guest’s equipment, guiding the learning experience, highlighting the student successes throughout the lesson and inviting return for another lesson experience. Every guest interaction should be focused on sharing our passion for Snowsports and creating lifelong skiers and snowboarders.
- Support Teamwork – Team members are expected to work effectively and efficiently with fellow team members and managers, fulfill schedule commitments and add availability during peak times, be on time and prepared for work, be pro-active in helping during registration times, willing to take on more responsibilities as needed and accept daily lesson assignments with a positive “can-do” attitude!
- Pursue Professional Development – Team members are encouraged to take advantage of in-house instructor training and association based training and credentials including PSIA/AASI. Team members should actively access their skills and seek feedback and guidance from other team members, trainers and managers that can support their development. Team members should be committed to improving, learning, and developing as a SnowSports instructor and SnowSports athlete, we are always “green and growing” and are always striving to be the best instructor we can be!
- Organize and conduct both group and private ski and snowboard lessons for guests.
- Demonstrate and communicate proper ski techniques in accordance with the guidelines established by the resort and Professional Ski Instructors of America/American Association of Snowboard Instructors.
- Be familiar with and adhere to the policies and procedures of the resort Team Handbook and the SnowSports School Manual.
- Respectfully use team member benefits as they are outlined in resort policies.
- Contribute to team effort by participating in job sharing; assuming responsibility for the cleanliness of the resort and safety of guests and employees; participating in safety meetings; sharing insights from guest interactions and ideas for improvements; accepting diverse assignments; maintaining a positive and friendly attitude and demeanor in all team member and guest interactions.
- Encourage friends, family and others interested in SnowSports to also become instructors.
- Meet schedule commitments to cover business needs. Help cover as many of the peak business days as possible.
- Support SnowSports School sales by learning, understanding and being able to explain products, reservation processes and other operational procedures to staff and guests to enhance the guest experience.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to becoming a skilled instructor. We don’t expect you to join our team knowing everything (or even anything) about ski/snowboarding instructing, but we do expect you be committed to improving, learning, and evolving as an instructor and SnowSports athlete. We are committed to helping you improve as an instructor through opportunities including training, team teaching and mentorship. We are committed to helping you be the best instructor you can be, we expect you to be committed to the same goal.
- Be able to communicate well with guests, both children and adults, other team members and managers. Clear, courteous, and timely communication skills are required.
- Applicants must have prior skiing and/or snowboarding experience and the desire to improve their personal SnowSport skills.
- Willingness to work with children and adults of various ages, experience, athletic abilities, and desires as it relates to snow sports.
- Willingness to work with beginners often.
- Ability to keep a positive outlook, problem solve, improvise, adapt, adjust, and overcome challenges in the learning environment as needed.
- Ability to guide quality SnowSport experiences for guests, time and time again.
- While NOT required, willingness to learn and instruct multiple SnowSport disciplines is favored.
- While NOT mandatory, PSIA-AASI Youth Credentials and Certification favored.
All seasonal Team Members at the Sunday River Snowsports School receive:
- FREE Sunday River Season Pass. Part Time and Full-Time employees also receive a Season Pass valid at Sugarloaf and Loon.
- Full Time team members are eligible for Season Pass benefits for their dependents.
- Full Time and Part Time team members are eligible for discounted skiing at other Boyne resorts.
- Discounted lodging opportunities at Sunday River and other Boyne resorts.
- Discounted ski/snowboard lessons, rentals, retail, restaurants/cafeterias, childcare, and other resort services at Sunday River.
- Full Time employees are eligible for affordable employee housing.
- Reimbursement for personal development certifications including PSIA-AASI.
To apply for this job please visit careers-boyneresorts.icims.com.