Website Terry Peak Snow Ski Area
Ski and Snowboard Instructors
Location: Terry Peak– Ski & Ride School – Black Hills of South Dakota
Type of Job: Full-time & Part-time positions available
Salary and Benefits: Varies depending on whether you are a new hire or have a PSIA certification or have an America American Association of Snowboard Instructors certification.
Ski/Snowboard Instructors will serve as a professional representative of Terry Peak. He/She will be a member of an interdependent team dedicated to creating the best possible customer experience for taking and teaching a ski or snowboard lessons.
- Must successfully complete instructor training program for the Terry Peak Ski and Snowboard School.
- Providing guests with a quality lesson while ensuring guest safety.
- Teaching while working varying winter weather conditions.
- Ensuring the student is matched to the appropriate ability level and class.
- Follow direction from supervisors to ensure the success of the ski school program.
- Greet guests and direct guests to proper lesson locations.
- Must be able to provide exceptional class handling of students.
- Must be able to discuss the lesson content and evaluate the progress of the lesson with the guest.
- Able to physically demonstrate skiing/boarding fundamentals to students.
- Supervising children in lessons at all times and ensuring the return of children to identified guardian.
- Assisting guests to load and unload the chairlift.
- Teaching students using proper techniques as defined by Professional Ski Instructors of America and American Association of Snowboard Instructors certification standards.
- Continually learn and update teaching, technical and skiing/snowboarding skills based on PSIA-AASI standards
- Assisting in operational responsibilities the ski school including but not limited to registration process, fitting of ski and snowboard equipment in the ski school rental facility, upkeep of outdoor teaching areas, and cleanliness of the locker room and other facilities.
- Attend morning meetings/be responsible for morning meeting information.
- Understand and abide by the rules and procedures set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Strong customer service skills required.
- Other duties as assigned
- Free Season Pass
- Food and beverage discounts
- Job Share opportunities to work more hours and expand your experience
- Discount with select industry manufactures- thru PSIA-AASI
- Opportunities to participate in clinics
- At least 18 years of age
- High School or Equivalent Education
- Must attend all required clinics and training sessions
- Must have excellent guest service skills
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must be able to work in inclement weather.
- Must status themselves in new online ski school program and check the program for instructor assignments each day.
- Must be willing to teach both adults and children
- Must be available to work holidays and weekends
- Must be willing to teach a family lesson.
- Must ski making consistent parallel turns with a pole plant on blue and some black terrain. Working on refining your turns and maintaining control in more challenging conditions.
- Must snowboard comfortably in intermediate terrain, working on carved turns and seeking more challenging terrain and maneuvers.
- Must successfully pass a Background Check
- Must have sight, speech, and hearing abilities sufficient to learn skills, follow, and provide directions
- Must be able to provide 2 letters of reference
- Must be willing to adhere to the Terry Peak Ski School policy of wearing an approved snow sports helmet at all times while teaching
Contact: Joe Lowe Ski School Director at (605) 381-6313 for more information
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org