Website Beaver Creek Ski Resort
Ski and Snowboard School Supervisor
Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it’s your first time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you’ll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service – our leading training and development program, and wellness benefits to fuel your success.
Join us to create your Experience of a Lifetime!
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Outlet: Beaver Creek
- Shift & Schedule Availability: Full Time / Winter Seasonal
- The budgeted range starts at $52,000 – $58,000
Service is the foundation of everything we stand for at Vail Resorts and our Ski and Snowboard School Supervisors are no exception to facilitating this experience of a lifetime. Responsible for supervising school operations, Ski School Supervisors are devoted leaders committed to staff development and guest experience
- Oversee daily instruction at Ski and Ride School including curriculum development, scheduling, and assigning classes providing support with instruction as needed
- Assist with administrative duties including hiring, scheduling, training, payroll, managing equipment inventory and reporting on guest feedback
- Monitor and document instructor performance and behavior to provide meaningful feedback and direction, including recognition, correction action, or escalation if necessary
- Maintain knowledge of and adhere to all applicable laws, regulations, and company policies
- Adhere to all safety related programs including policy training and incident reporting
- Coordinate with other management, departments, and third-party organizations as needed
- Participate in leadership forums providing feedback and input on school operations, training, and continuous improvement opportunities
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent required, Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred
- Current PSIA/AASI or equivalent certification required
- 1-3 years ski/snowboard instructor experience and 1 year of supervisory experience required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, holidays, and weekends
- Able to meet the physical demands of ski and ride training and drills
- Must be able to communicate fluently in English
The budgeted range starts at $52,000 – $58,000. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.vailresortscareers.com.