Website Winter Park Ski + Ride School
Ski & Ride School Certified Instructor
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:
Who We Are: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver. Don’t be fooled by our convenient location, though… you’ll feel remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you!
Who We Are Looking For: Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep you coming back for more. Whether you are looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to play… Are you in?
Perks & Benefits: There’s more than a free season pass waiting for you! You don’t just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth, advancement & year-round employment! Don’t worry the uniforms are provided!
- Financial support available for further PSIA/AASI certifications
- Extensive training opportunities with top tier ski and snowboard educators
The Certified Instructor will follow all Winter Park policies and procedures, all applicable laws (federal, state, and local), and all health and sanitation codes. This position is open to alpine skiers and snowboarders who have obtained their PSIA/AASI (or equivalent) Level 1 certification or above. The Certified Ski/SB Instructor is primarily responsible for teaching skiing or snowboarding to the guests of Winter Park Resort. This may include group lessons, private lessons and special programs for adults and/or children. Lessons are taught using manners and methods prescribed by the Winter Park Ski + Ride School with an emphasis on safety and fun in order to meet or exceed the motivations and expectations of our guests. Winter Park offers extensive training and financial support opportunities to assist instructors with their professional development. Instructors are eligible for sales commisions and bonuses that may significantly increase their take home pay.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Teach lessons as assigned including group, private, special program; adults and/or children ages 2-14.
- Teach clinics as assigned.
- Report to all assignments on time and at the correct location based on your schedule or direction from a Supervisor.
- Check your schedule online daily and throughout the day using computers in the locker room area or your personal device. Assignments are subject to change at the last minute.
- Adhere to all attendance, appearance, uniform, and equipment guidelines.
- Maintain accurate class lists and complete student report cards through Flaik online software.
- Be friendly, congenial, and helpful while effectively dealing with the guests and other employees at all times.
- Greet guests, understand their motiviations and how you can effectively meet or exceed their expectations.
- Solicit and respond to feedback and constructive criticism from guests or Supervisors.
- When working with an assisting or shadowing Instructor, be prepared to kindly offer help, tools, or guidance for their improvement in addition to delegating tasks to them appropriately.
- With your Supervisor or Team Leader, establish and work towards goals for the year.
- Use a phone to communicate with staff and guests during your assignments.
- Understand and practice current teaching and skiing/riding skills as described by PSIA/AASI and Ski + Ride School training and supervisory staff.
- Use age appropriate tactics when teaching including games or activities.
- Participate in all required Ski + Ride School and Winter Park Resort trainings and orientations.
- Seek to constantly improve your teaching, skiing, or riding. Winter Park Ski + Ride School offers free, wide ranging, unpaid training opportunities.
- Willingly work in all areas of the Ski + Ride School including cross-training in a different discipline if necessary.
- Facilitate mealtime for your guests depending on daily assignment.
- Maintain a high level of physical conditioning.
- Report and correct, if possible, any unsafe conditions which may affect employee or public safety anywhere on the premises.
- Ensure guest safety throughout the day and proactively resolve any issues that may arise.
- Be aware of area cleanliness. Throughout the day, pick up trash.
- Set a positive example for other Ski + Ride School and Resort employees.
- Adhere to all Resort Personal Identifying Information policies and requirements.
- Respect all guests’ confidentiality.
- Adhere to and be willing to enforce all Resort policies regarding Covid-19 as they change. This may include wearing a mask.
- Other duties as assigned
- Certified Instructors must be certified in Alpine Skiing or Snowboarding through PSIA/AASI (or equivalent) and maintain a current, good standing membership with that organization.
- Applicants must be 18+ years of age at the start of the season
- Ability to ski or snowboard on all green and groomed blue terrain
- Experience working with children is preferred but not required
- Experience teaching or coaching skiing or snowboarding is required
- Own or have regular access to all appropriate gear for the duration of the season. Winter Park Resort Rental equipment is not suitable for paid use.
- High School Diploma or GED (high school equivalency) is required.
Certified Instructors are paid hourly. Hourly Teaching Rate Range: $22.00-42.50 DOE and certification level. Hourly Non-Teaching Rate: $20. Private Lesson Requests increase hourly rates by $9+/hour depending on request volume. Hourly teaching incentives and tips are available throughout the season which may dramatically increase take home pay.
The base hourly pay range above represents the low and high end of Winter Park Resorts hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many region-specific benefits.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position is considered strenuous. Physical activity levels required throughout the job are high and constant.
- Outdoor exposure to harsh environments including extreme cold, wind, snow, ice, high altitude, low visibility, sun, UV, extreme heights, etc is constant.
- Standing constantly
- Skiing or snowboarding constantly
- Loading, riding, unloading a chairlift or gondola frequently
- Walking on uneven or challenging terrain frequently
- Lifting 5-50lbs frequently
- Pulling or pushing 5-50lbs frequently
- Carrying 5-50lbs occasionally
- Speaking and hearing ordinary conversation, phones, radios constantly
- Seeing and reading constantly
- Operate a computer occasionally
Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to harsh and varying outside weather conditions.
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the work place is usually moderate.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment.
We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law.
Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Apply Here: https://bit.ly/3D8iE30
To apply for this job please visit " rel="nofollow">winterparkresort.com.