Website Crested Butte Resort
Ski & Ride School Senior Manager
Location: Crested Butte, CO
Type of Job: Full Time
Salary and Benefits:
- The budgeted range starts at $67,000 – $81,150 + annual bonus. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience
- The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including…
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
The Ski & Ride School Senior Manager oversees and is responsible for the overall guest experience of the Ski and Snowboard School, and Licensed Summer Camp Activities. This is achieved through focusing on quality control of our products, financial management, teamwork, guest relations, employee development, creation and implementation of new programs and services, hiring, training and leading the management team, administrative duties and personal development and job specific responsibilities defined by the Skier Services Director.
- Direct and monitor quality of overall summer and winter products and staff to ensure exceptional guest experience, alignment with Resort and Company goals, financial success, and development of future summer and winter products/programs.
- Responsible for the financial management of all operations, including assisting on budget development, obtaining financial contribution goals, through internal controls and results from our product development.
- Personnel management including hiring and professional growth of all staff, supervision, operational and strategic planning for the school along with the Director of Skier Services. Direct oversight of Manager and Supervisors.
- Work with Manager and Supervisors to ensure accountability for the quality of products and services for the guests. Provide feedback, growth opportunities, leadership opportunities and appropriate training to develop Ski & Ride School and Summer Camps Leadership Teams. Develop training that impacts Pros’ needs and helps them become lifetime snow Pros, and creates positive culture.
- Work with the General Manager and Director to support and achieve quality, financial, and safety targets.
- Communicate with the SRS Training Lead, Manager and Supervisors on an ongoing basis to ensure staff training matches the intended outcomes and program coordination is smooth with all operating groups.
- Help create and implement SRS and Summer Camp safety plans and training plans, and monitor the quality and effectiveness of training.
- Create and implement an operations plan to manage the business to pre-determined margins. The operations plan includes consideration of School revenue opportunities, labor ratios management, expense control, and the quality of guest experience.
- Stay current on guest and employee health and safety regulations, including MSDS standards, universal precautions, child abuse guidelines, temporary background checks, emergency evacuation and lightning procedures, and compliance for all summer program licensing requirements.
- Work closely with 3rd party Stakeholders: State of Colorado Child Care Specialists, and all permit entities, BLM, USFS, NPS, and local municipalities, including building inspections including local Fire Department and local Department of Health
- Know and model the School teaching system and guest service guidelines and how those systems and guidelines work with PSIA/AASI’s Learning Connections Model, and be prepared to lead clinics and teach the public when necessary.
- Actively seek information about industry trends, competitions, and events, and remain involved with professional organizations (ISIA, PSIA/AASI).
- Work with the Product Sales & Services Team to maximize the number of students and ensure the accuracy of ticket sales revenue by actively managing instructor inventory to lessons inventory.
- Meet and greet guests daily and role model exceptional guest service. Resolve guest complaints efficiently and effectively and support 100% guest recovery.
- Monitor and maintain quality and appearance of buildings, sales facilities – both on the mountain and at the base area, organizational yard, signage and program imaging, teaching terrain, and locker rooms, as well as any other duties as assigned.
- Be proactively involved in enterprise-wide best practice efforts by being a contributor to the calls with the focus on driving results for the greater company.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit " rel="nofollow">vailresorts.com.