Website Granby Ranch Ski & Ride School
Ski School Supervisor
Reports To: Ski School Manager
Department: Ski School
Status: Full-Time Seasonal
Salary: Wage Range $20-$23/hour
- Granby Ranch All Access pass
- Complimentary day-lift passes for friends and family (# varies based on FT/PT status)
- Free skiing at 13 Colorado Ski Resorts through the Real Deal program
- Access to Colorado Ski Country Gold Pass (22 Colorado ski areas)
- Food & Beverage discounts
- Granby Ranch Ski Rental and Tune Shop discounts
- Granby Ranch Outfitters discount
- Gear and Clothing discounts from Outdoor Pro-link, Expert Voice and Shoes for Crews
JOIN US IN THE MOUNTAINS!
At Granby Ranch, you will have a small mountain experience where families, friends and team members connect, live, play and enjoy the natural environment of the Colorado Rocky Mountains. Perks of joining our team include affordable employee housing, a season pass for Granby Ranch, free passes to more than 15 Colorado ski areas, in-house discounts in our rental, retail and restaurant outlets, and so much more!
The Ski and Ride School Supervisor is position is responsible for the daily operations of of the Ski and Ride School in relationship to the following: guest satisfaction, employee growth and training, product delivery, and safety and security of all guests.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Adhere to all safety requirements and standards.
- Assist with the management and administration of operations to produce successful, professional and efficient experience for all guests.
- Responsible for assisting with the hiring, training, and development of all staff members.
- Assist direct reports in the creation of annual goals and objectives that support those of Granby Ranch and the vision of the department.
- Provide formal and informal feedback to all staff members and recognize and reward exceptional performance.
- Attend and actively participate in all operational meetings and required company functions.
- Ensure the accurate accounting of revenues, expenses and company assets.
- Support a seamless experience for the guest in the Rental Shop.
- Assist with the development of the Ski and Ride School policies and operating procedures to assure safety, accuracy, accountability and security for all guests and employees.
- Ensure departmental operating standards are met. Meet with employees weekly to review these standards and assist with planning to continually improve the professionalism of Ski and Ride School.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach lessons as assigned.
- Act as a positive, professional role model, adhering to the company’s hospitality standards.
- Maintain an exceptional level of guest service in all interaction with guests, fellow employees, and management.
- Ability to work with children, instructors, and other employees in a team environment.
- Assist and support other departments for races, events and operations on high volume days.
- Ability to multitask and shift from inside to outdoor job duties in a timely manner.
- Available to work weekends and peak periods, if needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to ski/snowboard proficiently to teach lessons.
- Must have strong communication skills and interact courteously with staff and guests.
- Must have knowledge of PSIA/AASI teaching methods.
- Must exhibit excellent leadership skills.
- Ability to supervise in a rapidly changing environment.
- Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Know how to load and unload a ski lift safely.
- Hiring, training, reviewing and disciplining employees
- Coaching, motivation and development
- Oversee scheduling of all instructors and general staffing
- Verify work activities and problem solving
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- College degree preferred.
- PSIA/AASI certification preferred.
- 2 years experience teaching snow sports lessons required.
- 2 years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Previous experience working with children preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Must be physically capable to perform strenuous exercise at 8,000-10,000 feet with adverse weather
- Must be able to lift up to 35lbs.
- Provide own ski/ride equipment, clothing and accessories necessary for work outdoors in high alpine winter environment.
- Weekend and holiday work required.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
WE LOOK FOR PEOPLE WHO SHARE OUR VALUES:
- Team Success. We succeed only when the team succeeds. We support each other with resources, constructive feedback, and positive encouragement.
- Continuous Improvement. We are in a constant state of innovation, evolution and adaptation, thoughtfully balanced with a sense of focus and attention to detail.
- Every Team Member Matters. We recognize the value and contributions of all team members. Whether you are a frontline team member or a divisional leader, we thrive under the philosophy that no role is insignificant.
- Professionalism & Relatability. We believe that a culture of respect, shared passion, and a sense of community is imperative to success.
How to Apply: Visit http://granbyranch.com/careers
To apply for this job please visit granbyranch.com.