Website Saddleback Roger Page Ski & Ride School
Ski & Snowboard Instructors
Roger Page Ski & Ride School
Location: Saddleback, Rangeley, Maine
Application Deadline: December 15, 2021
Ski/Snowboard Instructors will serve as a professional representative of Saddleback. He/She will be a member of an interdependent team dedicated to creating the best possible environment for taking and teaching a ski or snowboard lesson. Not only will instructors work with students, but also with guests and other employees, fulfilling the guest service orientation Snowbasin Resort both on and off the job.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Recognizes that service is our product and helping guests have great vacations is our primary job.
- Maintains safety and skier/snowboarder responsibility as top priority while skiing/riding and teaching.
- Instructs group and private lessons of varying ability levels, as assigned.
- Instructs students of any age, sex and learning ability, as assigned.
- Makes continued effort to improve personal skiing/riding skills, teaching skills and knowledge.
- Serves as a public relations representative for Saddleback, both on and off the job.
- Greets and assists guests in a friendly, helpful, respectful manner.
- Provides “little extras” to guests, such as giving directions and resort information.
- Remembers that a smile and a friendly, helping hand can make a guest’s vacation.
- LISTENS to guest’s needs and concerns.
- Reads and complies with Saddleback Employee Handbook and Ski /Snowboard procedures.
- Responsible for all information from Ski and Snowboard School bulletin boards, weekly notes and required meetings.
- Supplies personal ski and board equipment and maintains it in a safe, functional and attractive condition.
- Appreciates that teamwork is essential for the success of the guests, The Roger Page Ski and Ride School and Saddleback as a whole.
- Cooperates with all Saddleback employees and co-workers in the performance of their duties.
- Maintains good humor and cooperative attitude in all dealings with guests, co-workers and supervisors.
- Looks for ways to better serve the guests, The Roger Page Ski and Ride School and Resort.
RESPONSIBILITIES TO SAFETY:
- 1. Protect the safety of self, co-workers, and Saddleback guests at all times.
- Promptly report any potentially harmful equipment or situations to the immediate supervisor and/or appropriate department(s).
- Report safety-related accidents and incidents at once to immediate supervisor and appropriate department(s), following documented procedures.
- Follow all company and department safety policies and procedures as outlined in the Resort’s Occupational Safety & Health Compliance Manual and department-specific procedures or manuals.
- Operate equipment in a safe manner that will not lead to injury of yourself or others.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication and “People” skills; must love dealing with people.
- Must be adaptable and willing to learn, grow and improve.
- Must maintain a high level of energy and enthusiasm on the job.
- Must be able to work long and irregular hours under stress.
- Must maintain a cheerful, professional attitude.
- Must be willing to work holidays and busy periods without burnout or moodiness.
- Must be a team player.
CRITERIA FOR EVALUATION (PERFORMANCE STANDARDS)
The Ski and Snowboard instructor is evaluated on performance of duties, teaching ability, communication skills, level of guest service, attitude, attendance and punctuality, attire and grooming, initiative, guest comments, student return rate, skiing/riding ability and improvement relations with co-workers and guests, technical knowledge, willingness to improve (participation in clinics and discussions, free skiing/riding, PSIA and AASI certifications, etc.), professionalism and mature judgment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com