Website Bogus Basin Mountain Recreation
Ski & Snowboard School Children’s Program Supervisor
Description: The Children’s Program Supervisor is responsible for the planning and execution of children’s lessons and programs. This position supervises children’s center attendants, chair riders, and instructors assigned to the children’s center.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Maintain a professional attitude toward guests and staff.
- Planning and execution of children’s lessons and programs.
- Communicates with the Director of Ski & Snowboard School regarding instructor requirements to the facilitate children’s lesson and programs.
- Coordinate with other Ski & Snowboard School Supervisors on staffing and instructor assignments.
- Supervises the Children’s Center Attendants and Chair Rider program including hiring, training, scheduling, and disciplining.
- Supervise instructors assigned to the Children’s Center including assignments, training and coaching.
- Facilitate the check in/check out of children in Children’s Programs and Children’s Center
- Monitor class splits, organize and assign classes for the age and ability.
- Approve time for Children’s Center Attendants and Chair Riders.
- Reports to the Director of Ski & Snowboard School on the performance of all assigned instructors and staff.
Non Essential Functions of the Job
- Provide training to ski/snowboard instructors as assigned by the Director of Ski & Snowboard School.
- Train for self-improvement and professional development.
- Performs tasks of subordinates as needed.
- Promotes safety by following safe practices and reporting any unsafe conditions or situations while on premise.
- Assist in mountain emergency situations.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Passionate about Bogus Basin’s Mission
- High school diploma or equivalent, college preferred.
- PSIA-AASI Level I Certification.
- PSIA-AASI Children’s Specialist 1 Certification.
- Must be able to ski comfortably and safely on blue terrain at moderate speeds.
- Three (3) seasons experience working as a ski or snowboard instructor.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Ability to make sound decisions under stressful situations.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Employee is frequently required to stand, balance, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Ability to perform heavy work (defined as exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects).
- Ability to work in mountain environment and in inclement weather.
- Ability to perform essential duties efficiently and accurately, with or without reasonable accommodations and without injury to incumbent or others.
- Both indoors and outdoors.
- Employee may be subject to an extended period working outdoors ranging from four (4) to six (6) hours or more.
- Position is exposed to inclement mountain weather.
- Seasonal full-time hourly position
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
- Schedule will vary based on the needs of the department and operating hours.
When in the public eye, your personal appearance is an important part of the product we offer our guests. You should come to work neatly groomed and in uniform. In addition to the uniform jacket instructors need the following equipment:
- Black ski or snowboard pants
- Gloves or mittens, durable and in good repair
- Helmet and eyewear
- Thermal wear, sufficient clothing for warmth
- Appropriate equipment for alpine skiing/snowboarding that is up-to-date, in good repair and in safe working condition
Apply at www.bogusbasin.org/job-search/
Application closes: 11/01/2022
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org