Website Killington Snow Sports School
Snow Sports School Race Coach
Winter 2022/2023: Snow Sports School Race Coach
December 5-9, 2022
Killington and Pico Resort is the biggest mountain in the East, home to the most adventure you’ll find all year long, and a great place to start, build and grow your career. With seven distinct mountain areas, including Vermont’s highest lift-serviced peak, the opportunities are endless throughout the longest ski season in the East, and into the summer with mountain biking, golf and more. Join an enthusiastic team that strives to deliver the best guest experience possible, while taking advantage of all these mountains have to offer. Killington Resort is committed to employee wellness, safety, growth opportunities, and provides a wide variety of resort benefits, including access to our unparalleled playground.
Join the Snow Sports School as a Temporary ski instructor coaching in our 5-day Adult Race Camp December 5-9, 2022. We’re looking for qualified individuals to coach participants in our early season alpine race camp. Freeskiing, gate training, timed race, and awards banquet are all part of the fun over the course of the 5 days.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Work together with Snow Sports supervisors and team leads with the organization and assessment of program participants.
- Teach and demonstrate advanced skiing and alpine race skills to classes of intermediate and above ability level in a safe environment using a variety of teaching and skiing techniques
- Demonstrate specific skiing and alpine race maneuvers, including loading, and unloading lifts
- Provide exceptional guest service while maintaining safety as a priority at all times.
- Work collaboratively with fellow staff and independently with groups or individual students
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be available to work 5 consecutive days; December 5-9, 2022.
- Have prior race coach experience or a minimum of PSIA Level II certification
- Be able to ski at an advanced level
- Strong communication as well as interpersonal skills
- Ability to demonstrate advanced skiing and alpine race maneuvers to students for up to 5 hours per day
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
Compensation & Benefits:
- Starting wage: $18+ based on qualifications and experience.
- Issued 1 lift ticket (non-passholders only) on scheduled work and training days. Ticket is good for lift access throughout the day, including after work shift has ended. Ticket must be used on date of issue and is non-transferable.
- Issued a Team Rewards lift ticket voucher for each day worked (5). The ticket voucher is good for the remainder of the 2022-2023 season and all of the 2023-2024 winter season.
- 50% food & drink discount in resort cafeterias, restaurants & bars on scheduled workdays.
It is the policy of Killington/Pico Ski Resort Partners, LLC to provide equal opportunity and employment to all staff and applicants. No person shall be discriminated against in any condition of employment because of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, place of birth, age, physical or mental condition, or any qualified individual with a disability or veteran status.
Work where you play – Apply now!
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.