Website Taos Ski Valley
Job Title: Snowsports Instructor
Location: Taos Ski Valley, NM
Type of Job: Winter seasonal PT or FT
Salary: DOE, competitive wages
Experience Required: Intermediate skiing ability preferred
Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
Application Deadline: 9/15/2021
Essential Job Functions:
- Recognizes that service is our product and helping guests have a great Taos experience is our primary job. Ultimately embraces that our goal is to help guests find the love of skiing/riding and the mountains we share.
- Must be able to clearly communicate information that is relevant in an enthusiastic manner to create an exceptional guest experience.
- Serves as a public relations representative for Taos, both on and off the job.
- Initiates contact and greets guests in a friendly, helpful and respectful manner.
- Listens to guest needs and concerns. Then relates the message to management.
- Looks for ways to better serve the guest, Snowsports, and Taos Ski Valley.
- Makes continued effort to improve personal skiing/riding skill, teaching skills and coaching knowledge.
- Instructs group, private and special program lessons of varying abilities as assigned.
- Instruct students of any age, sex and learning abilities as assigned as young as 3 years old.
- Reliable attendance on all scheduled work days.
- Participates with the teamwork that is essential for the success of the Guest, Instructor, Snowsports School and Area.
- Cooperates with all area employees and co-workers in the performance of duties.
- Maintains good humor and cooperative attitude.
- Performs other jobs and responsibilities as assigned.
- Must be able to physically, clearly and accurately demonstrate skiing/snowboarding model.
- Must be able to share the information and emotions that inspire the guest to return to Taos and the Snowsports School.
- Reads and complies with Taos employee handbook and Snowsports procedures and policies.
- Is responsible for information; emails, newsletters, informational websites, bulletin boards, memos and required meetings.
- Maintains personal safety as a top priority.
- Supplies personal equipment and maintains it in a safe functional and attractive condition.
- Understands and adheres to the Responsibility Code and Skier safety Act.
To apply, please visit https://www.skitaos.com/jobs.
To apply for this job please visit www.skitaos.com.