Website Mt. Ashland Ski Area
The Mt. Ashland Association, which owns and operates the ski area, is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. It is a cherished community asset, providing outdoor experiences which inspire all, support the local economy, and protect our alpine environment. We value our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and provide opportunities for all to join our team. Mt. Ashland has been STOKE certified since 2017 and has earned a spot on the 100 Top Green Workplaces in Oregon for several years.
Title: Snowsports Manager
Pay Level: D.O.E
Department: Snowsports Department
Classification: Non-Exempt/ Hourly / Extended Seasonal
Reporting Level: Director of Guest Services
Job Qualifications: MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE; minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Snowsports school environment. Current affiliation with PSIA or AASI and have a Level III Certification preferred; must be able to pass a background check; have a high school degree or equivalent.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage and give direction to all Snowsports department employees in compliance with Mt. Ashland policies and procedures and perform duties related to guest services.
- Communicate effectively with Guests and other Mt. Ashland department, employees, supervisors, and managers. Including informing the mountain manager and ski patrol of potential hazards or problems.
- Hire, train, and schedule staff for Snowsports School at the start of the season and ongoing throughout the season.
- Have effective and proper inventory management systems for all supplies and equipment in the Snowsports department.
- Financial responsibility to maintain labor and operational expenses. Follow approved departmental budget and assist with creating the annual department budget
- Be able to perform all the tasks asked of supervisors and hourly staff including: setting up and take down of instruction area, coordinating race courses and select special event courses, maintain daily documentation of all required Snowsports activities, operations, incidents and accidents.
- Develop, promote, and process school group programs from elementary school groups to college programs. Develop, promote, process single visit group sales. Communicating and update all departments on school group and group visit schedule.
- Assist in the development and execution of providing unique opportunities for low-income, disabled, and other people from across our community to become involved with snow sports at Mt. Ashland. Develop and maintain a reporting system that ensures accountability to donors and foundation supporters who support these diversification efforts.
- Attend Mountain Operation Staff Meetings.
- Perform other duties related to the position, or asked by supervisor or upper management.
- Perform all major essential job functions
- Complies with and enforces all of Mt. Ashland policies and procedures.
- Report directly to the Director of Guest Services.
Physical Requirements: Work for long periods in outdoor, winter environment as needed, frequently shovel up to 50 lbs. of snow per load to maintain terrain park features, and carrying items up to 75 lbs. to transport equipment and supplies or when instructing Guests, bend at the waist, twist upper body, kneel, crawl, climb, reach above shoulder, have repetitive use of hands, arms and legs as needed, sit, walk or stand 6-8 hours per shift as needed; some of these actions may be required while on skis or a snowboard.
If the above job description is your jam, please fill out the application located at https://mtashland.com/employment
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org