Website The Summit at Snowqualmie
Snowsports On Snow Supervisor
Job Locations US-WA-Snoqualmie Pass
The Snowsports Supervisor will be responsible for the guest arrival to post lesson experience, operational training, instructor inventory, work distribution, and administration as it relates to record keeping for payroll, scheduling, inventory, redemption of products and services, employee evaluations, feedback, etc., and to instill a safety culture throughout The Summit Snowsports School. Essential focus will be to provide compelling leadership for employee experience and provision of guidance to deliver exceptional guest services. Supervising the culture around team work, best in class programming delivery aimed at conversion and retention, and by working and playing safely both indoors and outdoors, you help achieve the end goal of financial strength.
Be the best in the snow sports lifestyle business!
The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this classification and are not all-inclusive of the specific position.
- Effectively communicate to develop rapport with existing staff and enhance employee retention.
- Help identify recruitment needs in terms of pros for ski/ride, youth/adult, rookie/veteran.
- Encourage existing staff to recruit friends and family to help achieve targeted number of staffing requirements.
- Supervise scheduling to optimize instructor head count and cover programming (i.e. products, prices, times, locations) adequately, by targeting resources to cover the 26 Red Day peak demand.
- Supervise hiring, activation & seasonal separation.
- Support uniform inventory management, distribution and return, for base area staff.
- Supervise training and professional development of all instructors.
- Supervise sales, reservations and other operational procedures to maximize revenue and convert guest volumes.
- Communicate information required to support accurate daily payroll and accurate data collection.
- Supervise and update personal information on employee details, as well as ensure compliance is carried out around privacy laws, company policies, best practices, etc.
- Build client relations to optimize Consecutive Week Lessons and other pre-sold lessons.
- Supervise labor to revenue by making sound decisions, monitoring daily results. Be nimble and adaptable to adjust plan if needed to get desired net contribution.
- Payroll supervision to achieve 100% accuracy.
- Assist Snowsports Manager:
- Develop & deliver programming that finds an ideal model for guest, employee and company.
- Enthusiastically lead people from start to finish, optimizing the potential of the School.
- Identify and evaluate guest, employee, and industry trends.
- Deliver independent projects as determined by the Snowsports Manager or Snowsports Director.
- And other duties as assigned
- Supervise Team Work – by working effectively with fellow leaders, engaging coordinator support tiers, to supervise front-line employees that guide guest experience, help schedule around variable business volumes and ultimately help the school meet demand on peak and off peak dates.
- Supervise Professional Development – Orient, train and coach the instructors to enhance employee retention, by creating outstanding employee experiences, through targeted employee engagement.
- Supervise Guest Experience – Provide all guests with a caring and inspirational guided snow sports experience.
- Supervise Safety – develop a safety culture to achieve zero employee and guest incidents per season.
- Supervise Financial Strength – Stimulate repeat student volumes to match or exceed unit volume goals, as well as support labor as a percentage of revenue goals, to achieve desired net contribution.
- Profound working knowledge of The Summit SnowSports School or another snow sports school of similar scope.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to evolve, adapt and change.
- Capability to deal with deadline and workplace pressure, while maintaining a professional presentation.
- Ability to prioritize high value, high leverage projects, over lower priority tasks to deliver within a lively, and often chaotic, environment.
- Ability to guide quality experiences for guests and employees, time and time again.
- Deliver superior internal and external customer service, optimize the sales culture.
- Superior attention to detail.
- While NOT mandatory, PSIA-AASI Youth Credentials and Level I Certification favored.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- MS Outlook, Word, Excel (in-depth knowledge of Excel preferred), Social Media.
- Siriusware proficient at “associated work related functions”.
- Track record for leading people passionately and being emotionally connected with population diversity both ON and OFF snow.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org